2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 02:07 PM)
Anyone picking up the show today? Just picked it up, I skipped 12 so I'm excited.

Played 3 innings vs. Chapman and the Reds with the Sox. Needless to say, I got like one hit off him.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 02:33 PM)
I just picked up The Show for Vita, Ill report back after I get some time to play it. Im trying to get Tomb Raider from gamefly. It sounds like Far Cry 3 but with a female lead and I was a big fan of FC3.

The frame rates this year are definitely better. But the baseball still looks like a softball in the fielding cameras.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 08:23 AM)
Consider me out on The Show. It's been pretty much the exact same game for 5 years now. It's good, but my God, they need new announcers and to liven up the presentation.

Well they did replace Soup Campbell with Steve Lyons, so there's that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 9, 2013 -> 04:15 PM)
First line in the Kotaku review of MLB 2K13

:o

Ive heard the same thing, but a lot of people on Operation Sports are saying that the gameplay and visuals seem to be better than last years.. its about 75 - 25 with that opinion from what I looked at last night. Im still not going to spend 60 for that game though, they literally recycled last years games and did virtually nothing new.

Yes - these baseball games are what they are. Capitalisms way of putting a product out there every year even though it's essentially the same thing.

I would love if they waited 2 years in between games and updated them more. The 2 year wait period would also give the customer more bang for their buck and allow them to really build into the game... but alas, we live in a s***ty system.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
I would love if they waited 2 years in between games and updated them more. The 2 year wait period would also give the customer more bang for their buck and allow them to really build into the game... but alas, we live in a s***ty system.

Eh, MLB the Show has dedicated followers on OS Sports that crank out amazing rosters for previous versions.

2013 full minors rosters for MLB 12 the Show will be ready Opening Day

Really, with the Marlins new park in last year's game, there's no reason to upgrade vs downloading those rosters above. It's just up to the user to not be stupid.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)
Eh, MLB the Show has dedicated followers on OS Sports that crank out amazing rosters for previous versions.

Really, with the Marlins new park in last year's game, there's no reason to upgrade vs downloading those rosters above. It's just up to the user to not be stupid.

I don't know if you actually read that thread or not, but I don't see anything about OSFM 13 being for MLB 12. It's usually only for that year's game unless somebody decides to port it to MLB 12 (or edit whatever last year's OSFM was).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)

This. You can get a few years out of sports games thanks to the online communities.

I watched a video of Sox gameplay in MLB 13 the Show. Some notes.

• Robin Ventura exists
  • Konerko is clean shaven (dislike)
  • Viciedo is finally not obese
  • They actually made Sale look skinny but not stretched/unrealistic

Want to purchase... rising.

Has anyone been following the strange story regarding the Piston Xi3 "Steam" box?

Apparently Xi3 was given some money by Valve to make a "console" to stream Steam games in Big Screen format to any TV/Monitor, and they just came out with the product(which is going for $1000.00 :wacko: ), and they are trying to have it on the market by Christmas.

Inexplicably, Valve has now said they have nothing to do with it and have invested no money in it, just had discussed the possibility with Xi3.

http://kotaku.com/5990254/piston-makers-we...cally-for-valve

Just strange.

I read an article about that thing and immediately thought "who the hell is going to buy this?" Console gamers are going to balk at the price since you might be able to get two systems for that price, and PC gamers that would have that kind of cash to burn are going to want to pick their own components/build it themselves.

Also note that it says it "starts" at $1,000, there are two options with bigger hard drives that cost several hundred dollars more.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
I watched a video of Sox gameplay in MLB 13 the Show. Some notes.

• Robin Ventura exists
  • Konerko is clean shaven (dislike)
  • Viciedo is finally not obese
  • They actually made Sale look skinny but not stretched/unrealistic

Want to purchase... rising.

They've made some nice additions from last years game. Something about 12 just felt boring and didn't keep me playing but so far 13 has taken me away from NBA 2k and NHL 13.

Pitcher repertoires are much more accurate, 4 seam fastball isn't everyones #1 pitch.

The new post season mode is extremely addictive while waiting for the full rosters to come out. The change in atmosphere is very noticable compared to a regular season or exhibition game.

The hit variety is pretty impressive from bloopers falling just beyond the infield but before the outfielders, to line shots down the line bouncing around in the corner. Even routine infield ground outs seem to vary each time. I've yet to see a ball hit that didn't match up with where the pitch was at on my hitter. I've had jam shots pulled just over the left side of the infield and also balls hit off the end of the bat falling down the line for bloop singles.

QUOTE (CarlosMartinez @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 12:18 PM)
They've made some nice additions from last years game. Something about 12 just felt boring and didn't keep me playing but so far 13 has taken me away from NBA 2k and NHL 13.

Pitcher repertoires are much more accurate, 4 seam fastball isn't everyones #1 pitch.

The new post season mode is extremely addictive while waiting for the full rosters to come out. The change in atmosphere is very noticable compared to a regular season or exhibition game.

The hit variety is pretty impressive from bloopers falling just beyond the infield but before the outfielders, to line shots down the line bouncing around in the corner. Even routine infield ground outs seem to vary each time. I've yet to see a ball hit that didn't match up with where the pitch was at on my hitter. I've had jam shots pulled just over the left side of the infield and also balls hit off the end of the bat falling down the line for bloop singles.

There's nice little additions in every MLB The Show game, which is why I get it every year.

The game itself is great already, but the little additions just keep making it better.

Ok, stupid Madden Question. I have Madden 13 for Wii and saw something odd.

Here's an example:

If I have a LE that has an OVR of 90, but I start him at RE, his OVR goes up to 95. If I edit the player to be a RE, it goes down, sometimes below the original OVR. Shouldn't it still be 95?