2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 3, 2013 -> 07:52 PM)
Completely understandable. Playing the same story twice (three times if you got the season pass/new level cap) to max out a character can get repetitive, not to mention farming for particular weapons. I'm kind of compulsive with leveling and getting new guns though, and there's enough content that I frequently come across side missions I haven't done in a while (sometimes ever, especially with some of the DLC).

The problem was me and my friends beat the game within a few days of it coming out, but my jackass cousin nabbed Jacks face so I had to start a new game all over by myself and beat that again. Then the DLC came out with the Mechromancer so I beat the game AGAIN with that character. The thought of having to play all of those same missions all over again just made me sick to my stomach and I couldnt play anymore.

And of course ive played New Vegas, and I like FO3 better..

Ken Griffey is the only baseball game I found fun so, yeah, that's gotta be way up there.

NFL Street, which made the list, is actually a good choice. I would never play that single player, but to play while I was in the dorms was a lot of fun.

An NHL game has to make the list fairly high. I played 99 the most, but I've played other versions and always had fun despite not being a big hockey fan.

That said, I pour hundreds of hours into FIFA every year so that's gotta be high on the list. Maybe something in the 06-08 range.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 6, 2013 -> 11:06 PM)
Ken Griffey is the only baseball game I found fun so, yeah, that's gotta be way up there.

NFL Street, which made the list, is actually a good choice. I would never play that single player, but to play while I was in the dorms was a lot of fun.

An NHL game has to make the list fairly high. I played 99 the most, but I've played other versions and always had fun despite not being a big hockey fan.

That said, I pour hundreds of hours into FIFA every year so that's gotta be high on the list. Maybe something in the 06-08 range.

Oh yeah, NFL Street was incredible. My Rams were awesome. Faulk, Holt, Archuleta, they were all I needed.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 6, 2013 -> 03:32 PM)
ESPN doing a 25 best sports video games, starting today:

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/feature/v...ideo-games-ever

That Bulls vs Blazers game was frustrating. It was so god damn slow, and the way the ball bounced up off the rim and then in on 3 pointers was soooo lame. Of course, I still played the s*** out of it.

My favorites across all sports:

MVP Baseball 2005 (XBOX) MLB 11 The Show (PS3)

NBA 2k8 (XBOX 360)

NHL 95 and 10 (Sega Genesis and PS3) and Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey 98 (N64)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2001 (PS2)

NFL 2k (Sega Dreamcast) NFL 2k5 (XBOX)

WWE vs NWO (N64)

Honorable Mention:

Mutant League Hockey and Football (Sega Genesis)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 7, 2013 -> 08:08 AM)
Mutant League Hockey and Football (Sega Genesis)

YESSSSSS

In the hockey one, if you lost a fight you spent more time in the penalty box