2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 01:32 AM)
The tension in this game is off the charts. It ends up being more of a horror game than anything else. I got 19% progress during the day today and stopped. Now I'm watching with the lights off at night and into the first scary part. Clickers are one of the best enemies ever because of how they react to you.

I'm at 47% percent, and there are a s*** ton of scary scenes. f*** clickers especially when they're paired with runners.

I haven't decided if I like fighting humans or the clickers/runners more. At least humans can't knock you out in seconds like a clicker.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 02:04 AM)
That's what I'm screaming. The money he saves by trading in games early in their release is negligible to the money he'd save on just rent it for 5 days for like $12.

Anyone who hangs onto a game long past its prime is an idiot.

I haven't paid full price for a game in about 4 years because of smart trading. I also traded in Bioshock 3 days after I bought it because I beat it and was done with it. It cost me no money to buy the game and I got $30 of credit for it. Its the smart thing to do.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 02:11 AM)
I'm at 47% percent, and there are a s*** ton of scary scenes. f*** clickers especially when they're paired with runners.

I haven't decided if I like fighting humans or the clickers/runners more. At least humans can't knock you out in seconds like a clicker.

I have been playing way too conservatively. I take forever when I have to clear out a room of infected. It seems like the kind of game you need to learn by failing in terms of what strategies are most effective.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 03:38 AM)

I haven't paid full price for a game in about 4 years because of smart trading. I also traded in Bioshock 3 days after I bought it because I beat it and was done with it. It cost me no money to buy the game and I got $30 of credit for it. Its the smart thing to do.

I only keep the games I feel were really amazing, could be classics, or will likely never get a sequel, like Far Cry 3, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Autos, The Bigs 2, etc. I think I only have like 9 PS3 games, because I trade them in generally.

My most guilty trade-in was AC3 so far. I beat the game in 2 weeks, and was only offered $30 for it from all the retailers. So I offered it on Craiglist and got $40 or $45 for it.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 02:39 AM)
I have been playing way too conservatively. I take forever when I have to clear out a room of infected. It seems like the kind of game you need to learn by failing in terms of what strategies are most effective.

The game is a completely new experience.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 07:53 PM)
Not paying the subscription buys me the top-of-the-line Roku in 18 months. Don't pretend that it isn't a huge knock on the XBOX that I have to pay for services that every other device like it doesn't charge for.

I just bought a Roku LT for my downstairs TV because my cheap bluray player took a crap. Depending on how I like it, I might be getting a Roku 2 or 3 for the living room and dumping XBL in the near future. I haven't played a game online in probably over a year.

Also, the Kinect is creepy as f***. Holy s*** man.

Yes, yes it is. The new Samsung Galaxy that knows when you look away from the screen is creepy too.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 02:39 AM)

I'm more of a come out guns blazing type of guy, and it's totally awesome that you can choose how you want to play it.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (TRU @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 02:38 AM)

We've all beat the system for years. GameStop has a policy where you can buy a used game and return it, no questions asked, within 7 days. Skyrim was the only game that I actually bought in years. I don't play sports games. I buy, flip and t return. The GameStop dudes know I do it and we talk about it. Those days are done though. I have no problem paying for content. Hell, I buy all my music. I still pirate all my movies and don't care though.

I find the whole groupthink aspect of the new consoles hilarious. For some reason gaming beings out the worst in people. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon and are like "PS4 totally owns dude." Shut up. You're 34. Look at the way Chilihead talks. He sounds like an 11 year old from Alabama "owning" people.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 02:54 PM)
We've all beat the system for years. GameStop has a policy where you can buy a used game and return it, no questions asked, within 7 days. Skyrim was the only game that I actually bought in years. I don't play sports games. I buy, flip and t return. The GameStop dudes know I do it and we talk about it. Those days are done though. I have no problem paying for content. Hell, I buy all my music. I still pirate all my movies and don't care though.

I find the whole groupthink aspect of the new consoles hilarious. For some reason gaming beings out the worst in people. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon and are like "PS4 totally owns dude." Shut up. You're 34. Look at the way Chilihead talks. He sounds like an 11 year old from Alabama "owning" people.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 12:30 AM)
Micro$oft got PWNed, duuuuuuude.

Damn. He got me. If oooooonly I was clearly being sarcastic. Rats.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 12:03 AM)
Just when the xbox one could not be a bigger trainwreck, Microsoft announced that if you get banned from Live, you lise access to all of your games.

haha. sweet. from what i've read so far I'm definitely going with Sony this time around. f*** microsoft.

I literally jumped off my couch a few times while playing Last of Us, f***ing Clicker snuck up behind me (didn't think he would follow me and was worried about the two in front of me) and I almost screamed like a little girl when it happened. This game is flat out amazing.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 02:09 AM)
TaylorSt, How the HELL can you say the online experience is better on the XboxDone, when NEITHER IS EVEN OUT YET. You think Sony is going to suddenly charge "13 cents a day" and then do nothing to improve their online systems except add party-chat? That's extremely shortsighted.

This really is one of the most hilariously ironic and contradictory posts I've ever seen on here. We're sitting here saying "how can you say it's better when neither is out" yet you've already gone ahead and nicknamed the new XBox product the "XBox Done."

Way to go.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 09:30 AM)
This really is one of the most hilariously ironic and contradictory posts I've ever seen on here. We're sitting here saying "how can you say it's better when neither is out" yet you've already gone ahead and nicknamed the new XBox product the "XBox Done."

Way to go.

You think I nicknamed it that? My god, try going on the internet every once in a while.

And yes, I think it's fair to say we have no idea what the online will be like, yet we know what all the specs are for both, we know the policies in place for both, we know the prices of both, we know the capabilities of both. One of the few unknowns here is how the online experiences will be. Hilarious.

Way to go.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 10:46 AM)
You think I nicknamed it that? My god, try going on the internet every once in a while.

And yes, I think it's fair to say we have no idea what the online will be like, yet we know what all the specs are for both, we know the policies in place for both, we know the prices of both, we know the capabilities of both. One of the few unknowns here is how the online experiences will be. Hilarious.

Way to go.

And you still have no idea what the system will be like. Do you own either one of them? You can speculate all you'd like, but you don't know s*** at this point. Thus, using the nickname "XBox Done," whether you came up with it or not, is incredibly hypocritical when the message you are trying to portray is "let us see."

(it's also a terrible nickname, like most are)

I don't see TaylorSt as an XBox fan boy, but just a customer with a different perspective. He has said that it could very easily fail, but he wants a more comprehensive system. By and large, people believe that the PS4 has won, myself included, and a lot still think that the XBox is on its last legs because of this announcement (myself included, and I said as much in this thread). Of course, I'm also well aware that I have not seen this yet and using it as an argument. The XBox could very easily win over the market and become a revolutionary product, or it could be a product that's ahead of it's time (it wouldn't be the first time Microsoft introduced a revolutionary product that flopped).

Maybe you should wait to see. In 3 years, we could easily be talking about how Microsoft owns the greater share of the open market and that the PS4 failed because it was essentially a repackaged and slightly upgraded version of the PS3. It's impossible to know.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 11:45 AM)
Thus, using the nickname "XBox Done,"

It's an incredibly stupid "nickname", by the way, especially when a much simpler/better one is staring everyone in the face: XBOneD. That said, it's not out yet, as many of you have gone over already. My initial impression of it is negative, however, but so was my initial impression of the 360, which I thought was better than the PS3, with a much better gaming network.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 11:46 AM)

Way to go.

You are the most combative person ever. Relax.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 01:43 PM)
It's an incredibly stupid "nickname", by the way, especially when a much simpler/better one is staring everyone in the face: XBOneD. That said, it's not out yet, as many of you have gone over already. My initial impression of it is negative, however, but so was my initial impression of the 360, which I thought was better than the PS3, with a much better gaming network.

That is neither simpler or better :lol:

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 12:43 PM)

Oh my, that is bad.