2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 11:08 PM)
That's probably years away. The PS3 slim was nearly 3 years after the original.

The 80 GB PS3 came out in August 2007, 9 months after the 20/60 GB models. That's what I meant, not the second design, the second SKU.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 10:44 AM)
NBA 2K14 PS4 Gameplay: http://www.twitch.tv/2k/c/3234301

I'm going to have to wait for reviews. I just - I don't know. It looks beautiful, but I hope that they didn't sacrifice gameplay and start anew. Rarely would you see Tyson Chandler guarding Steph Curry at the 3 point line like you do in that video in the current gen version.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 11:02 AM)
I'm going to have to wait for reviews. I just - I don't know. It looks beautiful, but I hope that they didn't sacrifice gameplay and start anew. Rarely would you see Tyson Chandler guarding Steph Curry at the 3 point line like you do in that video in the current gen version.

It got an 8.9 from IGN.

BTW, if you have the PS3 version, you can upgrade to the PS4 one for $22 (it'll be a digital download).

Edited by chw42

I downloaded the Playstation app today, which is really cool, but just now it wasn't loading. Seems like a great idea that probably should have happened before, but they say you will be able to order from the PSN store and the PS4 will start downloading remotely.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 11:08 PM)
And you can just trade in your hard copy of that game for probably $30-40, so the $22 digital purchase will be gravy.

You may actually need the hard copy to redeem the digital version of the game if you do the $22 upgrade. But afterwards, I think you can sell it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 12:09 AM)
You may actually need the hard copy to redeem the digital version of the game if you do the $22 upgrade. But afterwards, I think you can sell it.

It would make sense for them to have some sort of system, like maybe you mail them the game in a pre-paid envelope and you get the code 2 days later or something. I haven't looked in to it since I'm not in the market for a PS4 yet.