2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 11:17 PM)
It would make sense for them to have some sort of system, like maybe you mail them the game in a pre-paid envelope and you get the code 2 days later or something. I haven't looked in to it since I'm not in the market for a PS4 yet.

No need to mail in, you need to have the game in the PS4 to redeem the digital version (that's how Sony does it). There is a code inside the PS3 version for redeeming the digital version.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 09:56 AM)
Now that I have a Windows 8 computer, I can see the appeal of some of the XBOX One software. Will also be interesting to see how their TV integration ends up working and being received in practice.

Ya that is probably the only thing keeping me interested in the xbone

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 12:40 AM)
PS4 and XBox come out tomorrow or something?? I am out of the loop because 1, I am too poor to just buy one and 2, I don't want to now.

I was going to Best Buy tonight because my dog chewed up my laptop charger and there were people sitting outside Best Buy in a line.

PS4 comes out tonight. Xbox1 comes out....next week maybe?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 17, 2013 -> 02:10 PM)
Are the graphics really much different? Because that NBA game is the only one I've really seen that looked crazy good graphically speaking.

Not from what I've noticed, but early in the console it's likely that the developers are still figuring out how to get the most out of the hardware. Not to mention any game out now from a third party probably didn't begin development with the new consoles in mind. Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, etc. have been in production for longer than the announcements of the consoles. They have dev kits, but that's probably not ideal.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 17, 2013 -> 06:36 PM)
Not really impressed with my ps4 so far. Killzone graphics are nice but still nothing too great. PSN is a disaster so far.

The graphics are great, I am not sure how anyone could be unimpressed with it so far. This is so early in the next gen too, wait till they start making games strictly for next gen.

There was a problem with PSN for about 20 minutes on console launch day, havent had even the slightest issue with it since.

QUOTE (TRU @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 01:34 AM)
Taphics are great, I am not sure how anyone could be unimpressed with it so far. This is so early in the next gen too, wait till they start making games strictly for next gen.

There was a problem with PSN for about 20 minutes on console launch day, havent had even the slightest issue with it since.

I don't think it's that big a jump from the Last Of Us to Killzone. Although yeah it is noticeable, just nothing great imo.

My DL times are extremely slow even for small files. Never had a problem on ps4 so I figure it's a network problem. Haven't actually been able to try out online play yet.