2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 11:44 PM)
Really considering getting a PS4 in March.. Hopefully it will be in stock everywhere so when I trade in my PS3 and games it will knock down the price

I'm crossing my fingers they have out a new SKU by my birthday in June. If not, then hopefully a bundle is available.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 10:44 PM)
Really considering getting a PS4 in March.. Hopefully it will be in stock everywhere so when I trade in my PS3 and games it will knock down the price

I doubt I'll make it that long. Dear family, Best Buy gift cards please. K thnx.

I'm definitely keeping the ps3, though. It's still a top-of-the-line bluray player and media hub. I'm not trading in that beast for like $70.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)
I doubt I'll make it that long. Dear family, Best Buy gift cards please. K thnx.

I'm definitely keeping the ps3, though. It's still a top-of-the-line bluray player and media hub. I'm not trading in that beast for like $70.

This is my plan as well. Still too much to like about the ps3 to drop it totally.

Now my 360, as soon as I finish up GTA IV that thing is going away.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)

Yeah, I'm not ditching my Ps3 either. At the very LEAST it's a media hub and a Netflix box.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 12:52 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2892379:date=Nov 19, 2013 -> 12:45 PM:name=KyYlE23)-->
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 12:45 PM)
<!--quotec-->This will be my christmas present to me

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/19/sup...3d-world-review

Looks surprisingly like this.

Revolutionary!

/stevehaterpostonanythingkyylepostsaboutnintendo

:D

Im sure you will enjoy it on an emulator in 3 years

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)

Ok, this is all full of wrong..

First, if you get a PS4 there is no reason what so ever to keep the PS3. Its still a bluray player and media hub. Secondly, I traded in my XBOX360 and just Black Ops 2 and got $150 store credit. If you have more than 1 game and trade it in when they are running promos youll get way more than $70

QUOTE (TRU @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 03:51 AM)

First, if you get a PS4 there is no reason what so ever to keep the PS3. Its still a bluray player and media hub. Secondly, I traded in my XBOX360 and just Black Ops 2 and got $150 store credit. If you have more than 1 game and trade it in when they are running promos youll get way more than $70

You keep the PS3 so you actually have video games to play. Definitely a reason.

seriously the best thing about PS4 so far is that it forced me to upgrade to P'S Plus and now I play games like Shadow of the Colossus for free on PS3.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 11:18 PM)
You keep the PS3 so you actually have video games to play. Definitely a reason.

seriously the best thing about PS4 so far is that it forced me to upgrade to P'S Plus and now I play games like Shadow of the Colossus for free on PS3.

The best thing about it was that it forced you to pay a monthly subscription fee that you only had the option to pay before? Lol, that's a weird selling point.

I did check out the PS+ free games today, and was surprised to see Uncharted 3 is free, but it's 40 GB download! I've never played any of the Uncharted games though.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 01:31 AM)
http://gizmodo.com/xbox-live-gold-is-still...-in-t-513093573

This speaks to one of the biggest drawbacks for XB 360, One, etc. for me

See, I am a Playstation person, but I don't see this is a big issue.

Now for me, it would be, because I rarely play games online (GTA 5 Online is the first game I've played online since Red Dead Redemption like 3-4 years ago). So when I get a PS4 eventually, I may actually just do a month-by-month PS+ subscription depending on what games are coming out (like Watchdogs, for instance).

But I feel MOST game console users will be playing games online and will be spending their $60 on XBL anyway. They could have just as easily said "Be an XBL gold subscriber and we will throw in all these free apps you can use", and some people may feel differently about it. They may feel they are getting surplus value w/ those apps. I guess I just don't see it being an issue for the large majority of XboxOne owners. It's only the casual users who will use it primarily as a media hub (which is, of course, the way they are marketing this thing), that will get gipped off by this, and that's really Xbox's biggest folly here. Advertising it as something people who don't even like games will use, but then charging those people a monthly fee as if they were buying it as a gaming console. A bait and switch of sorts.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 07:23 AM)
Well just picked up an Xbox One on Amazon this morning I should have it on Friday by 8pm. I love tracker websites. Same thing worked for me during the xbox 360 launch.

I can't read this, Olivia is touching her boobs I'm distracted

I have the same problem when Brian posts

As the article says though, they're trying to appeal to more than just average video game console users. I think they're smart to do that and early reviews suggest the multimedia capabilities, cable integration, things like that have immense potential. Like you said, I would only want online features of games occasionally. Some of the games I would play I wouldn't need to play online - I like playing franchise modes of sports games, so I don't need to pay to have fun doing that.

I really find it insulting that I shell out for different streaming services yet have to pay again just to watch it on my XBOX. It isn't stressing their servers for me to stream Netflix, it stresses mine.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 07:28 AM)
I can't read this, Olivia is touching her boobs I'm distracted

I have the same problem when Brian posts

Brian's been killing me lately, hot damn

My current Xbox Live membership is 4.50 a month. I think it's well worth the 4 or 5 bucks even if I didn't play that many online games.

I just can't get too upset about something that costs 4.50 a month. Now if they start charging 19.99 a month, I may have a problem.

If I had enough up front to pay on a yearly basis, something like 60 bucks a year, and the XB1 lasts 8 years like XB360, I'm paying 480 bucks to use basic streaming functions over the life of the thing. I'm buying it more than twice. I'm not going to re-up right away for several reasons, but when it comes time to buy it is definitely something I'm going to have to consider.

Yeah, I'm not upset with $60 a year. It would make sense that they'd state a Silver account can access your MLB, Netflix, Hulu, etc, but that you need a Gold account for games. That really has been the best thing, and it's already paid for itself - I've gotten like 8 free games in the past 4 months or so, which is, at minimum, a $160 value.

QUOTE (TRU @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 08:51 PM)

Huh? It's still a great blu ray player that also happens to have some of the major video streaming services on it. Oh, and it can still play good games.