2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 11:55 PM)
The best thing about it was that it forced you to pay a monthly subscription fee that you only had the option to pay before? Lol, that's a weird selling point.

I did check out the PS+ free games today, and was surprised to see Uncharted 3 is free, but it's 40 GB download! I've never played any of the Uncharted games though.

Um, you're missing out on 2 of the best games of the ps3/360 generation.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TRU @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 08:51 PM)
Ok, this is all full of wrong..

First, if you get a PS4 there is no reason what so ever to keep the PS3. Its still a bluray player and media hub. Secondly, I traded in my XBOX360 and just Black Ops 2 and got $150 store credit. If you have more than 1 game and trade it in when they are running promos youll get way more than $70

My PS3 is backwards compatible and can play all of my PS, PS2 games. So I wont be trading it in.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 01:53 PM)
The first Uncharted was boring as s*** and the shooting mechanics were garbage.

At the time it was fine, but yeah, once 2 came out there was a huge step forward. That can be said about most franchises though.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 01:53 PM)
The first Uncharted was boring as s*** and the shooting mechanics were garbage.

The shooting mechanics have always been garbage in Uncharted. That's where Naughty Dog has always been weak in their games.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 08:51 AM)
Also, if anyone missed out on some of those awesome ps3 exclusives (all of the Uncharted games, Last of Us, Heavy Rain, etc), a bunch of retailers have a black friday bundle which is a steal. A 250gb ps3 with Last of Us and the latest Batman game for $199

Heavy Rain was a great game. It was so unique and the story was awesome.

QUOTE (TRU @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 06:00 PM)
Why the f*** would anyone still want to play a playstation game?

Well Final Fantasy VII is a pretty fun game for the PS1 and I really dont feel like grinding Cloud back to a good enough level to beat Ruby/Emerald?

Then I own a bunch of PS2 and PS3 games (which PS4 wont play), so I really have no idea why I wouldnt keep my previous system. Not to mention it runs Netflix and can be used as a blu ray player in another room.

Does not seem like good value to trade that in for what $200-$300?

Ultimately the PS3 I own is rare and its rareness is worth more than the trade in for someone like me. But then again, I still own every system Ive ever had since NES.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)
Heavy Rain was a great game. It was so unique and the story was awesome.

Yep. Easily the best storyline of any game I've played. My only gripe with Heavy Rain was how fast I beat it. I think it took me something like 8-10 hours to beat, all of which I did in 1 day because the storyline was so engrossing.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 02:04 PM)
Well Final Fantasy VII is a pretty fun game for the PS1 and I really dont feel like grinding Cloud back to a good enough level to beat Ruby/Emerald?

Then I own a bunch of PS2 and PS3 games (which PS4 wont play), so I really have no idea why I wouldnt keep my previous system. Not to mention it runs Netflix and can be used as a blu ray player in another room.

Does not seem like good value to trade that in for what $200-$300?

Ultimately the PS3 I own is rare and its rareness is worth more than the trade in for someone like me. But then again, I still own every system Ive ever had since NES.

This is almost true for me, except that I gave my SNES away (and all the games) to a friend I know I will be in contact with for the rest of my life. So, really, I still own all of my systems too. The next time I see him, I'll tell him if you are ever planning on selling that thing, just give it back because I will fire that sucker up when I'm 50.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 03:13 PM)
This is almost true for me, except that I gave my SNES away (and all the games) to a friend I know I will be in contact with for the rest of my life. So, really, I still own all of my systems too. The next time I see him, I'll tell him if you are ever planning on selling that thing, just give it back because I will fire that sucker up when I'm 50.

Just blow the games clean and fire it up.

A friend of mine and i were just discussing older games that we got rid of, lost, or lent to a friend and had them go missing, only to find out that they are worth a lot of money now.

I lent a friend a gamecube game 3 years ago called Eternal Darkness, and his sister lost it(or took/stole/sold it. whatever, its gone)

Its going for 90 bucks on amazon now :( Not that i want to sell it, I actually want to play it.