2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Jake @ May 21, 2013 -> 01:51 PM)
This will not play old games and there will be no more used games. Each game will be assigned to a single XBL account. Still have to pay for XBL.

Incorrect:

Xbox One doesn't need always-on internet connection, supports used games

Microsoft says it's "designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games," and promises to offer more details in future. Wired has some additional details, noting that secondary use of a game disc will require a fee so that it will be marked and owned and can be played without the disc — something the Xbox One supports natively.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 21, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-is-not-backward...tible-509088037

The Verge reports that Xbox One will not be backward compatible with Xbox 360 titles. That is according to Mark Whitten, Microsoft's vice president for Xbox Live.

When asked if Xbox One will be able to play 360 titles over Xbox Live, or by downloading them, or by some means other than a disc, Whitten said the company had no plans for such a service at this time.

"The system is based on a different core architecture, so back-compat doesn't really work from that perspective," Whitten told The Verge.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4350662/...ds-compatibilty

All the gamers I know hate it.

This will not play old games and there will be no more used games. Each game will be assigned to a single XBL account. Still have to pay for XBL.

I'm just going to get a Roku and be happy to live in the stone age...maybe I'll grab a PS4. Paying monthly for XBL will always kill it for me.

You will still be able buy used games, you will just have to pay an additional fee to be able to install the game. This is no different than computer software. I don't understand why people are so against this.

PS4 will also not have backwards compatibility. It just cost them to too much to do it for the little value it provides. Just keep the old 360 or PS3 hooked up, it's not that big of a deal.

I've never had a problem paying $3/month for X-Box live. That's $.10/day. If you dropped a dime on the ground you probably wouldn't even pick it up. I've never understood the hatred towards Microsoft for having their superior service cost a small fee.

I haven't read much into it, and I doubt I will leave unimpressed by the system itself, I just think the name sucks. Looking at how it has been branded though, I don't mind it as much. I just hate how it seems all the next gen systems have been "[name of product][letter/number]"

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ May 21, 2013 -> 04:03 PM)
All the specs I've seen show the PS4 and X-Box One to be nearly identical so I'm not sure how the X-Box is underwhelming. Were you expecting it to be vastly superior to the PS4?

I haven't seen all the specs yet, that's why I said "at a glance". I'm just going off articles I've seen that don't seem very excited. Maybe that's because Ps4 already set the bar and this one is just matching it. I'll need to see more about it.

All the gamers I know hate it.

I'm just going to get a Roku and be happy to live in the stone age...maybe I'll grab a PS4. Paying monthly for XBL will always kill it for me.

Allowing backwards compatibility creates bloat within the architecture of the xbox. It's honestly probably a good thing that Microsoft is taking this approach to a new system instead of letting it get kind of out of hand like they do with Windows/x86. There's also nothing stopping you from just keeping your old system if you think you'd still like to play your old games.

The TV stuff is interesting, but the gesture stuff is just annoying. Who the f*** wants to say "Xbox, on" or "Live TV" or waive their hands in the air like idiots when a remote control works perfectly fine?

Spend some R&D money on some useful innovations please.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 21, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
The TV stuff is interesting, but the gesture stuff is just annoying. Who the f*** wants to say "Xbox, on" or "Live TV" or waive their hands in the air like idiots when a remote control works perfectly fine?

Spend some R&D money on some useful innovations please.

there needs to be a jenks innovation in which you say "XBOX PLAY ONLY GOOD SHOWS"