2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 08:41 PM)
Depends on if you're talking in this country or internationally. FIFA outsells all other EA Sports franchises combined each year.

This is true, but the US is pretty much the only country where soccer isn't the feature and primary sport too. So yes, I was implying in the US, even if I said around the world.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 09:55 PM)
Does madden have a feature where you can speed thru the last minute during kneels. s*** is annoying.

You'd think they would have come up with that by now.

I guess too many people like to f*** around at the end of games.

I do like that it's a lot easier to run in this year's game. Anything above All-Pro last year (and in years before) and you average like 2-3 yards a carry.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 10:51 AM)
Does anyone see a future in the things like NVIDIA Shield and other mobile gaming platforms? It seems like the Nintendo DS stuff has had limited appeal so far

The only thing that's really cool about it is the ability to stream your PC games if you have a high-end NVidia graphics card. Other than that, it's a tablet with joysticks that I can reproduce with any other decent tablet, a Sixaxis app, and a PS3 controller.

After three games I don't think it's all that great. It still has major issues with random blocking assignments that absolutely kill great plays. I'll admit that interior running is a LOT better than previous versions. But Nantz/Simms are already old. And it's annoying that the same animation is played for every timeout.

Also, I have yet to figure out why EA refuses to put a simple "load previous game" or "continue franchise" button on the freaking home screen. Why do I have to drill down 5 menus before I get that option? Oh! Another complaint: the load screens for just about everything are obnoxiously slow.

7.5 out of 10.

It took me a little while to get a feel for the engine again, but with the improved running, passing becomes a lot easier too because they don't just wait for you to throw it every time, and there are some tweaks I don't remember from my limited expose to '13 (like was the stamina bar always below the players? and the RT/R2 boost of speed? That thing is awesome too).

It's not my favorite Madden ever, but it's a good one

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 03:25 PM)
Also, I have yet to figure out why EA refuses to put a simple "load previous game" or "continue franchise" button on the freaking home screen. Why do I have to drill down 5 menus before I get that option? Oh! Another complaint: the load screens for just about everything are obnoxiously slow.

EA Sports has had this issue in their games for years. It drives me nuts.