2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 02:00 AM)
GTA is awesome, but partnering with random kids sucks balls

Tell me about it. My friends are lame and don't want to do the missions, they just want to run around killing random human players.

I've been sitting here trying to do these Gerald missions to make money, and I can't get a single person to join.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 01:16 AM)
Tell me about it. My friends are lame and don't want to do the missions, they just want to run around killing random human players.

I've been sitting here trying to do these Gerald missions to make money, and I can't get a single person to join.

These kids last night had me up all night running missions then bailing or going crazy or just being terrible. Online gaming when it was only your friends was so much better. s***, WoW had at least SOME honest people.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 02:19 AM)
These kids last night had me up all night running missions then bailing or going crazy or just being terrible. Online gaming when it was only your friends was so much better. s***, WoW had at least SOME honest people.

I don't get the point in being an asshole unless someone deserves it. Whenever people shoot at me, I just run away. I'm not going to engage in their stupid games. Hell, every store I have robbed with a stranger I have given them a cut of the loot. It's virtual f***ing money, I don't need to be an asshole to someone for $500 virtual dollars. Just be fair and everyone has a good time.

Luckily since my last post I found a nice guy from Scotland, and him and I did about 4 or 5 Simeon and Gerald missions, which are fun because it's an actual co-op mission against AI, not some stupid COD style deathmatches or long ass checkpoint races.

Up to about $40K or so now. I am not sure if I want to buy a garage now, or save up for at least a cheap apartment. I've yet to find out what the advantage is of having a house/apartment over just a garage. Can you do anything in the house that is worthwhile? I heard you can watch TV and smoke pot in them, but I'd rather do missions. The part I am wondering is maybe you have to have a house/apartment to plan out your heists, in which case that would be very important.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 11:27 AM)
Have any of you guys run across bad sports online? I read about that punishment, thought it was pretty funny that they stick dunce hats on bad sports so they can be easily spotted

Ya, if they keep killing people and blowing cars they are going to put them on servers with other bad sports too, which is good.

Oh mother f***er. The "Violent Duct" exploit missions has been used by so many people....except me. Someone even found a glitch to complete the mission in 15 seconds. That's $9000 in 15 seconds.

And now they've patched it out. So now we have a GTA Online world where a lot of people have over a half a million dollars or even a couple million from using that exploit, and the rest of us are dirt poor. Or, if you are like me, you've planned on making that easy money, so you spent a large portion of what you had. I just dropped like $25K in to beefing up a car, and now I am back down to 60K. f***ing s***.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 03:46 PM)
Oh mother f***er. The "Violent Duct" exploit missions has been used by so many people....except me. Someone even found a glitch to complete the mission in 15 seconds. That's $9000 in 15 seconds.

And now they've patched it out. So now we have a GTA Online world where a lot of people have over a half a million dollars or even a couple million from using that exploit, and the rest of us are dirt poor. Or, if you are like me, you've planned on making that easy money, so you spent a large portion of what you had. I just dropped like $25K in to beefing up a car, and now I am back down to 60K. f***ing s***.

IMG_0588.JPG

It blows my mind how much time people spent doing that mission over and over. If it was fun thatd be one thing, but I dont see how someone could do that and enjoy it. Id be more inclined to pay cash for in game money than I would to do the same mission for hours on end.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 05:22 PM)
It blows my mind how much time people spent doing that mission over and over. If it was fun thatd be one thing, but I dont see how someone could do that and enjoy it. Id be more inclined to pay cash for in game money than I would to do the same mission for hours on end.

I was hoping to get enough money to buy a decent apartment, which would have taken me about a half hour or so. A kid in one of my classes had something like $1.4M from doing that mission, and he was doing it BEFORE the 15 second exploit came out. He was actually spending 3-4 minutes per attempt. He already has over 40 hours of online play, largely because of that.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 05:33 PM)
I was hoping to get enough money to buy a decent apartment, which would have taken me about a half hour or so. A kid in one of my classes had something like $1.4M from doing that mission, and he was doing it BEFORE the 15 second exploit came out. He was actually spending 3-4 minutes per attempt. He already has over 40 hours of online play, largely because of that.

When you buy an apartment just make sure its over 200k, I read on the gta forums that every apartment over 200k is identical inside and they all have the heist room youll need for when they release the ability to do heists.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)
When you buy an apartment just make sure its over 200k, I read on the gta forums that every apartment over 200k is identical inside and they all have the heist room youll need for when they release the ability to do heists.

Yeah, there was one in the $235K range that I heard was the exact same as the $400K one, which is the most expensive one you can buy. Now that goal seems incredibly far away.

I guess everyone is going to be getting 500k because of all the server f***ups, so there's that...