Will Paul Konerko break Thomas's team HR record?

southsider2k5

Will PK pass Big Hurt in HR's with Sox?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will PK pass Big Hurt in HR's with Sox?

• No, Konerko will never pass the Big Hurts 448 HRs as a member of the Sox
    • Yes, PK will hit 34 or more homers for Sox in 2013
    • Yes, but it will be in 2014 after Konerko re-signs with White Sox

I know we have had this poll question in the past, but as we get closer to the end the numbers at hand, I wanted to ask again.

Currently Frank Thomas sits with 448 homers as a member of the White Sox. Paul Konerko sits at 415. That leaves Paulie 33 homers short of tying Thomas. Will he do it this year? Will he do it next year? Will he never pass Thomas?

It all depends on whether he was hurt after June or became old all of a sudden. If he was hurt and is now healthy, then I feel like he'll play another 5-6 years and challenge for 600. Watching him hit early in the year was truly a work of art. He figured the game out to a degree that most never do, truly taking what the pitcher gave him. He was fast-tracking to the HoF the last few years and I hope it was just some injury.

Only guy that can hit .400 and I want to see it

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 08:04 PM)
It all depends on whether he was hurt after June or became old all of a sudden. If he was hurt and is now healthy, then I feel like he'll play another 5-6 years and challenge for 600. Watching him hit early in the year was truly a work of art. He figured the game out to a degree that most never do, truly taking what the pitcher gave him. He was fast-tracking to the HoF the last few years and I hope it was just some injury.

We know he was hurt. He had surgery on his wrist.

Wait, what?

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 09:04 PM)

well.

Mike Trout says hi.

but seriously dat's ridiculous.

I really hope this post was made in jest. Paulie only has a slim shot at 500 homers, forget 600. He's also never hit over .313 in a season, how the hell is he gonna improve .087 on his average in his late 30's?

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 09:22 AM)
I really hope this post was made in jest. Paulie only has a slim shot at 500 homers, forget 600. He's also never hit over .313 in a season, how the hell is he gonna improve .087 on his average in his late 30's?

Bonds did it.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 10:04 PM)

I agree with the bold statement....the rest is just silly. It's also hard to imagine he just all of a sudden "got old". One simply does not go from hitting .380 to .240 in a month because he got old at some point in that month...You progressively get old and I haven't seen that progression just yet. I think we start to see it this year, he's brought back next year, gets the record and then goes the way of Jim Thome and becomes a situational slugger for a year or 2.

Keep the middle of the lineup together for one last year after this and then you get hella money with PK, Dunn, and Rios off the books

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787