2005 World Series Ring on EBAY

CWSpalehoseCWS

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 12:35 PM)
I was thinking the same thing, although I'm not certain with $25k to blow if I would pick a ring.

I love truly unique pieces for my collection. I've got a section of blue prints from the new ballpark, plus a newspaper article from 1909 all about the "new" Comiskey Park being built. The one thing I really want to add is a White Sox stock certificate.

Something like this would be the topper by far.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 01:09 PM)
I love truly unique pieces for my collection. I've got a section of blue prints from the new ballpark, plus a newspaper article from 1909 all about the "new" Comiskey Park being built. The one thing I really want to add is a White Sox stock certificate.

Something like this would be the topper by far.

Cool. I'd place a few other items ahead of the ring that might be in the same price range. A WS Game winning worn jersey from a starter would probably be tops on my list. Perhaps AJ, Konerko, or Jenks (framed with the final out picture). Would $25k buy that?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 03:50 PM)
Soxtalk has how many members?? Let's all pool 10 bucks and buy this sonofab****.

IF there ever is a Cub WS ring, it would be fun to buy it and slowly melt it down.

Cub fans "Nooooooooooooo! my preciouuuuuuuuse!!"

bahahaha

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 04:38 PM)
Cool. I'd place a few other items ahead of the ring that might be in the same price range. A WS Game winning worn jersey from a starter would probably be tops on my list. Perhaps AJ, Konerko, or Jenks (framed with the final out picture). Would $25k buy that?

Lots of good choices. Would probably go for Uribe, Contreras, Crede, Buehrle or Jermaine.

Aren't there any Aaron Rowand "fan boys" left?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 08:35 PM)
I wonder which game worn jersey would command the highest price?

Konerko or Thomas, probably...Buehrle, AJ, Rowand and Crede would get some solid bidding behind them, as well.

Dye and Jenks would follow after those two top tiers.

An Ozzie Guillen jersey, as well.

Just to reinforce what someone else said, Reinsdorf bought rings for like everyone in the Sox organization. A lady who I worked with used to work there part time (shes full time now) and they even gave her a ring. She brought it in and I got to wear it, so good enough for me.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 07:51 PM)
Konerko or Thomas, probably...Buehrle, AJ, Rowand and Crede would get some solid bidding behind them, as well.

Dye and Jenks would follow after those two top tiers.

An Ozzie Guillen jersey, as well.

Would there even be a Thomas game worn jersey?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 08:09 PM)
Just to reinforce what someone else said, Reinsdorf bought rings for like everyone in the Sox organization. A lady who I worked with used to work there part time (shes full time now) and they even gave her a ring. She brought it in and I got to wear it, so good enough for me.

Even my dope of a ticket rep got a ring. There were a couple of levels of quality. At first I thought the dope got a $20k ring.