Keith Law's 25 under 25

maggsmaggs

I don't have Insider, so I am curious if Keith Law decided to snub one of baseball's best pitchers in his 25 under 25. Nevermind that Sale is one of the best 25 players in baseball regardless of age, I want to see if Law snubbed our Ace in his 25 players under 25 years of age.

Anyone care to post where or if Sale is on the list?

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 11:45 AM)
Says he would have him in the top 10 but says injury concerns prevents that.

I guess that is fair, since in the excerpt it says "To be clear: This is a ranking of how I would order these players if I were starting a franchise and would have them for the next several years, not just 2013."

Sale, without his injury risks, is probably one of the top three pitchers you would want to start a franchise with, but alas, he has these issues. Same with Strasburg. Could become a stud or become Kerry Wood. That's the risk.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)
Stephen Strasburg

Clayton Kershaw

Madison Bumgarner

Aroldis Chapman

Matt Moore

Jarrod Parker

I like how he thinks Sale has injury issues...but lists two guys ahead of him who also have injury concerns in Strasburg and Chapman (maybe even more so in Strasburg). I understand Strasburg is better than Sale, but he's also had TJ and got shutdown last year.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 12:05 PM)
True, but in this case I think he has a point.

The list has other guys that were on the DL at some point do not see them getting little smart ass injury comments. Law has always had a Sox bias.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)
The list has other guys that were on the DL at some point do not see them getting smart ass injury comments. Law has always had a Sox bias.

Yeah, but he never liked Sale to begin with.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 04:23 PM)
I like how he thinks Sale has injury issues...but lists two guys ahead of him who also have injury concerns in Strasburg and Chapman (maybe even more so in Strasburg). I understand Strasburg is better than Sale, but he's also had TJ and got shutdown last year.

And Parker and Moore? I know they have some big time potential, but Chris has done it over the course of a season, while these two clearly have not.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 07:33 PM)
And Parker and Moore? I know they have some big time potential, but Chris has done it over the course of a season, while these two clearly have not.

I can understand Moore. He's more or less even with Sale in terms of stuff. But Sale has much better command.

As for Parker, he's a good pitcher, but nothing spectacular. Although I can see him putting up numbers Sale put up last year, just not as many Ks.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 07:42 PM)
I can understand Moore. He's more or less even with Sale in terms of stuff. But Sale has much better command.

As for Parker, he's a good pitcher, but nothing spectacular. Although I can see him putting up numbers Sale put up last year, just not as many Ks.

Right, but the difference is Sale has done it over a much longer sustained period than the others...seems like he's not getting enough credit for that.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 03:23 PM)

Bingo. I worry about Sale's future, but to put him behind guys with bigger concerns? Awful.