Crain pitching in WBC

balfanman

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 04:41 PM)
I like the WBC, I wish all the best players could find some way to do it. Minimal risk for a relief pitcher.

Yeah, I have no problem with this.

I wish it wasn't such an injury risk for Sale, I'd love to see him.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 04:24 PM)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,6960156.story

I'll be ticked if he wears out before the end of the season. I hate our pitchers doing unnecessary pitching.

Maybe it'll help him. He hasn't exactly been all that since becoming a member of the White Sox pitching staff. He's been OK.

QUOTE (TomSeaverFan @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 09:22 PM)
Maybe it'll help him. He hasn't exactly been all that since becoming a member of the White Sox pitching staff. He's been OK.

Dude, other than innings pitched last year which were only slightly down due to minor injury, what's not to like? He put up in the ERA+ of over 160 each of the last two years. ERA under 2.5, K/9 over 9.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/crainje01.shtml

EDIT: ERA under 2.7 I mean. Under 2.5 last year.

Edited by ScottyDo

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 11:41 AM)
I believe that Rienzo should be with the big league instead of playing in the WBC

I hope this thing ends after this year.

He is something like the 10th to 15th starting pitcher in line right now. I like the idea of letting him pitch in some "high pressure" ball instead of being in camp. It would be different if he had a real chance at making the team this year, but he doesn't.

He is something like the 10th to 15th starting pitcher in line right now. I like the idea of letting him pitch in some "high pressure" ball instead of being in camp. It would be different if he had a real chance at making the team this year, but he doesn't.

I can see your point. I'd just like Don Cooper & Britt Burns to work with him. He's going to be a great star for the Sox in 2014.