Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a fundamental argument. Fact of the matter is college players are getting for free what most people have to pay $75-250K, and that's a college education. That's a lot of value, but most guys don't use that.

Alloting some of that money towards entrance fees and simply re-investing the money or giving it back to the students would be a far better idea. If they can knock even $1-2k per semester off tuition costs, it will free up that much more money for students that can be saved later on, and it will ultimately bring in more students as well.

So it looks like Carlos Hyde is getting dismissed from the Ohio State football team and Bradley Roby was arrested yesterday morning.

The Buckeyes chances of winning a title this year look like they might take a hit.

So it looks like Carlos Hyde is getting dismissed from the Ohio State football team and Bradley Roby was arrested yesterday morning.

The Buckeyes chances of winning a title this year look like they might take a hit.

Wait, players who play for Urban Meyer got arrested?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 11:12 AM)
Wait, players who play for Urban Meyer got arrested?

I know, he should have been there right?

The starting RB was dismissed, if anything thats a positive trait of Urban. Zero tolerance.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 11:12 AM)

Roby-huge hit, All American candidate.

Hyde-not nearly as much. The RB stable is REALLY REALLY deep.

Charlie Weis cut a good line today at Media Day. Asked how he has managed to sign some decent recruits at horrific football program Kansas, he said something to the effect of: "they want to play. I tell them, 'Have you seen that pile of crap' out there? (on field for Kansas).'"

Not bad in this day and age of P.C.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)
Charlie Weis cut a good line today at Media Day. Asked how he has managed to sign some decent recruits at horrific football program Kansas, he said something to the effect of: "they want to play. I tell them, 'Have you seen that pile of crap' out there? (on field for Kansas).'"

Was he talking about his coaching when he referred to the pile of crap out there?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 02:52 PM)
Was he talking about his coaching when he referred to the pile of crap out there?

No, he was talking about the crap he took on the sideline because his rascal didn't move fast enough to get him to the locker room in time.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 02:43 PM)
Apparently Roby got arrested in Bloomington for trying to start a bar fight.

Actually for harming a bouncer. What a moron

I don't get why college athletes drink, wait till you are a millionaire.

Urban also booted a freshman OL from Indiana.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 01:03 PM)
I know, he should have been there right?

The starting RB was dismissed, if anything thats a positive trait of Urban. Zero tolerance.

Hyde wasn't dismissed, just suspended from team activities pending investigation.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 02:59 PM)
Hyde wasn't dismissed, just suspended from team activities pending investigation.

He hasnt been arrested yet, if he's charged with assaulting a woman he's toast. Zero tolerance on that. From what i'm told, thats exactly what happened.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)

Yeah that's awesome. Way to call out a bunch of college kids who weren't recruited by you, but now mostly have no choice but to play under you. Just when you think Weis can't be a larger horse's ass, he proves you wrong.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 03:04 PM)
Yeah that's awesome. Way to call out a bunch of college kids who weren't recruited by you, but now mostly have no choice but to play under you. Just when you think Weis can't be a larger horse's ass, he proves you wrong.

Schematic advantage

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 02:56 PM)
Actually for harming a bouncer. What a moron

I don't get why college athletes drink, wait till you are a millionaire.

Urban also booted a freshman OL from Indiana.

You're right, that's what he was arrested for. But the only reason he hit the bouncer in the first place was because he had been removed by bouncers for trying to start a bar fight.

Morons.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 03:23 PM)
You're right, that's what he was arrested for. But the only reason he hit the bouncer in the first place was because he had been removed by bouncers for trying to start a bar fight.

Morons.

I just dont get kids that are fine tuned athletes drinking. I would stay in and enjoy my path to millions.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 03:34 PM)
I just dont get kids that are fine tuned athletes drinking. I would stay in and enjoy my path to millions.

Part of me says that "They're still college kids" but I hope I would've been smarter in college if I had a full ride and possibly millions in my future.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 03:34 PM)

It isn't like it is difficult to avoid getting into trouble while still going out, drinking and having a good time. Plenty of athletes and college students do it.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 03:56 PM)
It isn't like it is difficult to avoid getting into trouble while still going out, drinking and having a good time. Plenty of athletes and college students do it.

Also true. Not fighting with the bouncer is a good place to start.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 05:22 PM)
I think you guys should go around to intoxicated college students and loudly remind them of these facts.

Well the point is it's something to think about it before you get intoxicated, like anything else related to being smart about drinking.

Though I just got a great mental image of myself walking into Kilroy's and shouting at everyone, thanks for that. It would have been way more fun when it was smaller (Kilroy's has two levels now, they redid it in the Summer of 2010).

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 06:26 PM)
Well the point is it's something to think about it before you get intoxicated, like anything else related to being smart about drinking.

Though I just got a great mental image of myself walking into Kilroy's and shouting at everyone, thanks for that. It would have been way more fun when it was smaller (Kilroy's has two levels now, they redid it in the Summer of 2010).

Presumably you mean on Kirkwood, since Sports was 2 levels long ago.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 05:29 PM)
Presumably you mean on Kirkwood, since Sports was 2 levels long ago.

Indeed I do.

The bar where this incident happened, Dunnkirk, is a bar that the Prall family (who own Sports and KOK) opened up just before I graduated (Spring 2011). It's right at the corner of (you guessed it) Dunn and Kirkwood. It essentially replaced Uncle Fester's and the Jungle Room. Upstairs is still there, though.