Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 01:07 PM)
Yeah, but again, I think that there was enough negotiation for the higher-ups at Penn State to know that they were effectively getting an appeal-style deal. I certainly got the impression that the NCAA seriously wanted the death penalty and Penn State basically said "we'll completely stop fighting this and we'll issue statements supporting you if you switch to the harshest non-death-penalty punishment you can do".

I certainly got the impression that there were a few very loud board members in the hours after the punishments came down who were threatening all sorts of lawsuits and then suddenly they shut up a few hours later, as if they were told "you file this and they shut the program down". Am I wrong?

I have no idea, I wasn't there...but it certainly sounds plausible.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 08:14 AM)
Didn't you actually attend Miami? One week sig bet? :D

Sure did, not a real big fan of the football team since I spent my youth and college years watching the Buckeyes. Not sure I know anything about Miami's team this year.

The only games we went to were hockey games, football was spent in a bar watching real teams. (my roommates were Michigan, Iowa and ND fans)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)
Sure did, not a real big fan of the football team since I spent my youth and college years watching the Buckeyes. Not sure I know anything about Miami's team this year.

The only games we went to were hockey games, football was spent in a bar watching real teams. (my roommates were Michigan, Iowa and ND fans)

Miami might have the worst offense in the country and their defense is bad as well.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)

Sounds like about 95% of the OSU fans I have ever met, none of them went to school there. My wife went to Miami which helps you meet those type of people I guess.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 10:46 AM)
Sounds like about 95% of the OSU fans I have ever met, none of them went to school there. My wife went to Miami which helps you meet those type of people I guess.

Well, you're talking about a powerhouse program located in a state where the NFL teams are the Browns and the Bengals.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)

My family is about 50/50 Miami/OSU grads

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 12:56 PM)
Well, you're talking about a powerhouse program located in a state where the NFL teams are the Browns and the Bengals.

Its by far the most popular team in the state, no matter what sport. My family sends out xmas cards that are all buckeye themed pictures.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 28, 2013 -> 05:21 PM)
The WR made the best play in the video.

Hell of a catch, no doubt, but Winston made the play with his feet and then money on a 60 yard bomb.

Here's the whole play: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9738419&c=ncfhighlights

16/25, 320 YDS, 4 TD with 54 rush YDS. He's a freshman and he's leading the country in completion %.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 28, 2013 -> 08:04 PM)
Yeah I wish I could have seen that play where they called face mask again, but instead we heard about Lerbron's marriage.

Looked like he unintentionally got the back of the helmet. Not sure if that's the same.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 28, 2013 -> 09:08 PM)
I've seen orange cones cover WRs better than what these two teams are doing tonight.

Should be entertaining second half though.

I feel like there was more piss poor secondary coverage in games I watched today than I remember seeing any Saturday in recent memory.