Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would that be? Do you like a MAC team, or NIU and Miami?

Someone that likes NIU should want Ball State to win every game except the one against NIU to keep their schedule strength up.

Speaking of NIU, it seems that the poll voters have already started dropping them in the polls in order to try and keep them from a second straight BCS Bowl game.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)
Yeah, but you could just as easily say the same thing about 2010 and 2011...those games were blowout Duck victories with similar teams/schemes, except Stanford had Andrew Luck still...

Obviously last year Stanford seemed to make adjustments and finally stop the Duck running attack...I guess we will see how Oregon adjusts.

Oregon routinely blows out teams all season but then faces a defense that stops them entirely. It's strange.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 10:37 AM)
I just keep looking back to last year's game. It was in Eugene and Stanford held the Ducks to 14 points. Obviously these aren't the same teams, but they are close and I can't get that out of my mind.

There's still a lot of football to be played, but like I said this morning...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 11:24 PM)
They just seem unable to adjust when things go wrong...

Playing smart and kicking field goals would help their cause in situations like this.

Watching the OU-Baylor game and Bell is a horrible QB. I remember a little hype he had last year and I was surprised when he looked like he wasnt going to win the starting battle in the summer. Now I see why.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 09:37 PM)
Playing smart and kicking field goals would help their cause in situations like this.

Watching the OU-Baylor game and Bell is a horrible QB. I remember a little hype he had last year and I was surprised when he looked like he wasnt going to win the starting battle in the summer. Now I see why.

Good point. Sometimes you have to play for points or field position, don't always be so aggressive but it's not in their gameplan.

From what I remember Bell was always a running QB, never much of a passer. Wasn't he their goalline QB last season?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 09:48 PM)
Good point. Sometimes you have to play for points or field position, don't always be so aggressive but it's not in their gameplan.

From what I remember Bell was always a running QB, never much of a passer. Wasn't he their goalline QB last season?

Ya, the Belldozer. Not to be confused with the Bailer.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 07:48 PM)

They passed up points once. That has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of this game. They've fumbled twice on drives in Stanford territory and their defense hasn't stopped Stanford since the first series.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 10:13 PM)
They passed up points once. That has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of this game. They've fumbled twice on drives in Stanford territory and their defense hasn't stopped Stanford since the first series.

Gotcha, my eye has mostly been on the epic Redskin/Viking showdown, but I think Stanford has figured something out. If their strength is their O & D lines, makes you think that Bama would do the same thing to Oregon.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 08:19 PM)
Gotcha, my eye has mostly been on the epic Redskin/Viking showdown, but I think Stanford has figured something out. If their strength is their O & D lines, makes you think that Bama would do the same thing to Oregon.

Yeah, hard to argue with that.

Really disappointed in Oregon tonight. They've basically acted like they're just entitled to beat Stanford by virtue of their fancier uniforms or something.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 11:04 PM)
Pretty damn close. Everyone should start doing onside kicks like that.

Great catch, real tough play there.

And ya, it's like kicking a knuckleball.

Edited by Rowand44

Thought the broadcast of that game was pretty rotten. They kept acting as though the Stanford defense was dominating the game and kept circling the time of possession, etc. Oregon turned the ball over on fumbles that are entirely random football plays, and their defense refused to sell out against the run until the 4th quarter. I get that Stanford manhandled Oregon in the running game, but Oregon had enough success on offense to win this game, they just kept turning the ball over. Oregon punted what, 3 times?

Only when Oregon put the outcome in doubt briefly did these idiots begin backpeddaling.

And this nonsense Jessie Palmer is using trying to discount Stanford's loss to Utah by claiming they didn't "play Stanford football." Then the comments about DeAnthony Thomas are pretty rough as well.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 11:15 PM)
Thought the broadcast of that game was pretty rotten. They kept acting as though the Stanford defense was dominating the game and kept circling the time of possession, etc. Oregon turned the ball over on fumbles that are entirely random football plays, and their defense refused to sell out against the run until the 4th quarter. I get that Stanford manhandled Oregon in the running game, but Oregon had enough success on offense to win this game, they just kept turning the ball over. Oregon punted what, 3 times?

Only when Oregon put the outcome in doubt briefly did these idiots begin backpeddaling.

And this nonsense Jessie Palmer is using trying to discount Stanford's loss to Utah by claiming they didn't "play Stanford football." Then the comments about DeAnthony Thomas are pretty rough as well.

They were awful. They didn't play their football so the horrible loss doesn't count. Yeah ok.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 8, 2013 -> 01:15 AM)

The current crew is horrible. Sounds like 3 friends just calling a game. Just from listening to them, there is no way they put in the same amount of research as other crews.