Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 10:20 AM)
That's a shame. Expected, but still a shame. That was 57 yards, it isn't like he missed a chip shot

Most of the tweets aren't about the kicker who attempted the 57 yarder but the starter who missed 3 fgs inside 45 yards. Doesn't make the tweets ok, but not unexpected given he cost them a very good chance at a national title appearance.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 09:15 AM)
Sorry, with my experience with osu fans through the years, I'll basically never pull for osu. Plus urban Meyer.

Meanwhile over the years SEC fans have had only pleasant experiences with Bama fans and they love and respect Nick Saban.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 07:49 PM)
The backup for FSU, is good enough to beat OSU. He's going to be a hot commodity if he's does the graduate transfer thing.

So FSU wins, Mizzou loses tonight, South Carolina beats Auburn, MSU beats OSU and we have FSU vs Alabama for the title.

Huh? Maguire is a freshman. And he's actually their 3rd string. Coker was the 2nd but he's out for the year with a knee injury.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 01:16 AM)
So I hate Ohio State because they have the worst fan base in sports, but why are people writing them off against Florida State? They may give up 40 points, but they can score 49 on them. If they score enough to beat MSU, then watch out.

I think it is extremely unlikely anyone would put up 49 on FSU's defense. If OSU were to win the game it'd have to be something like 20-17 in my opinion.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 11:37 AM)
Huh? Maguire is a freshman. And he's actually their 3rd string. Coker was the 2nd but he's out for the year with a knee injury.

well obviously I didnt realize Coker was injured...

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 07:55 AM)
FSU -30 against Duke. worst conference championship game ever?

To be fair, FSU was -21 against a 7th ranked Miami team and covered it...and has done nothing but continue to dominate since then. This is more about FSU than it is about Duke.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 10:29 AM)
To be fair, FSU was -21 against a 7th ranked Miami team and covered it...and has done nothing but continue to dominate since then. This is more about FSU than it is about Duke.

It's also about Duke. When had a spread been that large for a conference title game?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 04:43 PM)
I expect to see Mizzou put up a ton of points, it's all about whether they can stop Auburns rushing attack.

Not sure stop is possible, just need to keep it from huge plays. Our offense was bizarrely stagnant against a bad a&m d, but I feel good about this after mizzou held manziel to his worst game ever.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 10:11 AM)
I never understood the whole root for your conference thing. You hate a team for 364 days a year then suddenly are supposed to root for them? No thanks.

Recruiting improves with conference reputation and media exposure.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)
I never understood the whole root for your conference thing. You hate a team for 364 days a year then suddenly are supposed to root for them? No thanks.

As a UConn basketball fan, I used to root for the "lesser" Big East teams. But when it came to the rivals like Pitt, Cuse, GTown etc I always rooted for failure of epic proportions.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 11:30 AM)
As a UConn basketball fan, I used to root for the "lesser" Big East teams. But when it came to the rivals like Pitt, Cuse, GTown etc I always rooted for failure of epic proportions.

Exactly. I can root for some Big Ten teams, but OSU, Iowa, and Indiana basketball will never get an ounce of support from me.

Coaches poll hurts NIU. Surprise.

Isn't going to matter. They were already 14th in last week's BCS and UCF was 19th. No way NIU doesn't get in unless they lose.

It is very sad to see the coaches trying to manipulate bowl matchups with their votes, though.