Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this kind of confirms all of the things I've been nervous about for this game Saturday:

http://www.rockmnation.com/2013/12/6/51811...ilm-room-auburn

Franklin barely played in SEC play and is struggling with just the playful presnap reads Ds are giving him. When they blitz and we are 1 on 1...throw it UP to DGB. Mauk was only a 50% passer but he would make you pay for that stuff.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 07:33 AM)
Chris Peterson leaving the smurf turf for Seattle. UW may have ended up better off with Sark leaving. (And it appears they did CALL Gary Pinkel like I predicted :P )

I most certainly think UW ended up better. How often does that happen after a coach leaves you for another program? UW fans should be really happy right now.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 04:33 PM)
Go Duke, Michigan St and Auburn.

I want to see an Auburn-Alabama title game. And then laugh when that state burns itself to the ground following the game.

That would be such a fitting way for the BCS to end. A complete clusterf*** in which nobody is happy.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 11:04 PM)
That would be such a fitting way for the BCS to end. A complete clusterf*** in which nobody is happy.

If Fla St. and Ohio State actually lost do you really think Auburn Alabama would be a clusterf***?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 05:56 PM)
Yes? Though Missouri winning would be more fun.

Who else would actually have an argument over Auburn and Alabama in that case? FSU would have lost to Duke on top of an easy schedule and OSU would also have a loss on top of their easy schedule. There's pretty much no way this happens, obviously, but I don't think it would make it more of a clusterf***.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 01:18 AM)
Who else would actually have an argument over Auburn and Alabama in that case? FSU would have lost to Duke on top of an easy schedule and OSU would also have a loss on top of their easy schedule. There's pretty much no way this happens, obviously, but I don't think it would make it more of a clusterf***.

Exactly. It's what absolutely should happen in that scenario.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 07:12 PM)
And nobody would watch a rematch, just like nobody watched the last SEC matchup. It would do less than LSU Alabama.

I'd be willing to wager that it would do better than that matchup based on the in-state rivalry and the explosiveness of the offenses.

Again, this won't happen though.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 08:12 PM)
And nobody would watch a rematch, just like nobody watched the last SEC matchup. It would do less than LSU Alabama.

no it wouldnt.

no one watched the LSU-Bama title because it was a rematch of a 9-6 game. And the rematch played out just like everyone thought it would.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 02:42 AM)
no it wouldnt.

no one watched the LSU-Bama title because it was a rematch of a 9-6 game. And the rematch played out just like everyone thought it would.

No one watched it because it was a game we've seen before and between two SEC teams. Let's be serious.