Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 1, 2014 -> 11:07 PM)
Nice win by sparty. Their defense is legit and they didn't even have their best player.

Jesse Palmer "they didn't play Stanford football"

I'd rather hear him say that than "its 3rd and California.."

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 1, 2014 -> 10:07 PM)
Nice win by sparty. Their defense is legit and they didn't even have their best player.

Jesse Palmer "they didn't play Stanford football"

I would have loved to see the MSU D face the Auburn rushing attack.

Shaw being Shaw yesterday. I love it. I only wish that we hadn't burned his freshman season, all because Stephen Garcia was a douchenozzle at times. I knew Wiscy was going to be able to run at will, but that was only the case between the 20s.

I also love how Tanner McEvoy got so pissy at South Carolina, and transferred to Wiscy, because he was told he'd never see the field as a QB. So he transfers, and....plays defense. Idiot.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 06:02 AM)
Shaw being Shaw yesterday. I love it. I only wish that we hadn't burned his freshman season, all because Stephen Garcia was a douchenozzle at times. I knew Wiscy was going to be able to run at will, but that was only the case between the 20s.

I also love how Tanner McEvoy got so pissy at South Carolina, and transferred to Wiscy, because he was told he'd never see the field as a QB. So he transfers, and....plays defense. Idiot.

McEvoy will have a shot at QB for Wisconsin next year.

And the only reason Wisconsin couldnt run inside the 20 was because their OC kept calling play action every time they got into the 20 and thus they ran 1 out of 3 downs. It was a stupid game, thankfully it was basically a glorified scrimmage for Wisconsin (I think they were more concerned about getting Gordon/White the tandem rushing record), because otherwise that game would have really annoyed me.

Ellington had to make 2 insane plays, Stave had to get hurt and even then SC barely hung on.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 08:39 PM)
McEvoy will have a shot at QB for Wisconsin next year.

And the only reason Wisconsin couldnt run inside the 20 was because their OC kept calling play action every time they got into the 20 and thus they ran 1 out of 3 downs. It was a stupid game, thankfully it was basically a glorified scrimmage for Wisconsin (I think they were more concerned about getting Gordon/White the tandem rushing record), because otherwise that game would have really annoyed me.

Ellington had to make 2 insane plays, Stave had to get hurt and even then SC barely hung on.

Shaw hooking up with Ellington on "insane" plays is a given. If ever a QB and WR were on the same page...

Shaw was so excellent, what a year. Exhibit A why I could never be an NFL Scout, I would have never guessed he wasn't the best 5 QBs to go up to the next level. Unreal decisionmaking and he's a tough SOB.