Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 01:11 AM)
Does anyone else think that last Clemson int was not a catch? I didn't think he ever really controlled it.

I don't think he caught it.

The espn ref expert was off his rocker a few times tonight.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 01:11 AM)
Does anyone else think that last Clemson int was not a catch? I didn't think he ever really controlled it.

I would have liked for it to have at least been reviewed. I don't think it would have been overturned, but it's crazy that they didn't even review a game deciding play.

Meanwhile, Ohio St still hasn't beaten a Top 15 team under Urban. Time for OSU to start scheduling some better OOC games.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 01:07 AM)
I would have liked for it to have at least been reviewed. I don't think it would have been overturned, but it's crazy that they didn't even review a game deciding play.

Meanwhile, Ohio St still hasn't beaten a Top 15 team under Urban. Time for OSU to start scheduling some better OOC games.

What does OOC schedule have to do with anything? It's also about the become less important.

We also have Vt and Oklahoma home and homes in the next 4 years plus a larger conference slate.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 08:55 AM)
What does OOC schedule have to do with anything? It's also about the become less important.

We also have Vt and Oklahoma home and homes in the next 4 years plus a larger conference slate.

I'd say ooc games are about to be a lot more important. There's going to be more one loss teams battling for a playoff spot than undefeateds.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)
I think it's a great hire.

Texas is a sweet gig for anyone. Recruiting is done for you as well as in your backyard, top notch facilities, huge fanbase, top paying job.

The administration really screwed the pooch by letting everything get out about what they wanted to do with Mack Brown. If they had one ounce of secrecy then they probably could have had a bigger name like Saban or Mora, but no shame in Strong.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 09:20 AM)
I'd say ooc games are about to be a lot more important. There's going to be more one loss teams battling for a playoff spot than undefeateds.

With an actual human committee, your OOC schedule will definitely be way more important. They aren't just gonna look at total losses like the voters do now. If you are a one loss team that played nobody, I could see them instead selecting a two loss team with a much tougher schedule, even if both are BCS schools

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
With an actual human committee, your OOC schedule will definitely be way more important. They aren't just gonna look at total losses like the voters do now. If you are a one loss team that played nobody, I could see them instead selecting a two loss team with a much tougher schedule, even if both are BCS schools

You have to win your conference first and foremost to make the playoff. Some teams may need an extra marquee win but most won't. Win your conference and your conference title game and you are most likely in.

Even better when it goes to 8 teams.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 11:41 AM)
You have to win your conference first and foremost to make the playoff. Some teams may need an extra marquee win but most won't. Win your conference and your conference title game and you are most likely in.

Even better when it goes to 8 teams.

You don't have to win your conference. They will just select the four best teams. It was a consensus that Alabama was a lock had the playoff been in place this year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 11:52 AM)
You don't have to win your conference. They will just select the four best teams. It was a consensus that Alabama was a lock had the playoff been in place this year.

Well the SEC is clearly an outlier.

The good news is you won't have several folks with personal agenda effecting an average ranking like we have now. 2014, the first go round, will be an eye opener for sure. Hopefully pushing it to the 8 team we all know is coming.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 03:55 AM)

The Big 10 is terrible. That's what it has to do with it. If you lose a game, you're done. If you lose a game but have some big OOC wins, then you still might have a shot at making it into the playoff. Also, you need to play the best to beat the best. If you keep playing bad teams, then you're going to keep getting beat when you play the big dogs.

Edited by dasox24