Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 12:14 AM)
Eh, I'm guessing its that Miami still sucks.

aahhh, upset you cant chant SEC SEC SEC in victory tonight?

Maybe one day you wont have to hitch your Missouri wagon to another school to celebrate a national title.

oh, and enjoy Frank Haith.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 12:19 AM)
Hey, remember that rushed missed chip shot fg in the first half?

but after the missed FG, Auburn causes a turnover and gets 7 points.

Probably doesnt play out the same way if the FG is made.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 11:29 PM)
but after the missed FG, Auburn causes a turnover and gets 7 points.

Probably doesnt play out the same way if the FG is made.

Maybe.

You could go with the for sure td on the missed pass in the 1st. Could not believe how terrible that was.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 11:26 PM)

Maybe one day you wont have to hitch your Missouri wagon to another school to celebrate a national title.

Missouri bcs bowls: 0

Missouri final fours: 0

I still can't believe the fake punt worked. As they were lining up, I figured there is just no way Fisher fakes it here. But, auburn has to be in nothing but a punt safe, just guarding against a fake. Yet they still looked unprepared. The game's over if they stop that.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 12:49 AM)
I still can't believe the fake punt worked. As they were lining up, I figured there is just no way Fisher fakes it here. But, auburn has to be in nothing but a punt safe, just guarding against a fake. Yet they still looked unprepared. The game's over if they stop that.

Yep. That was the play that changed the game. I didn't watch the ESPN feed with the coaches, but apparently they all called the fake before the play.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 11:59 PM)
Yep. That was the play that changed the game. I didn't watch the ESPN feed with the coaches, but apparently they all called the fake before the play.

It was one of those oh, here's an obvious fake situation, so obvious you know auburns ready for it and will stop it, so I was surprised they actually did, and then more so that it worked.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 12:06 AM)
It was one of those oh, here's an obvious fake situation, so obvious you know auburns ready for it and will stop it, so I was surprised they actually did, and then more so that it worked.

Ha, this sums it up really well.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:24 PM)
Florida State kind of sucks.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:33 PM)
You know things are screwed up when you run a sweep on 3rd & 15 when your QB just won the Heisman. Auburn scores here and its over, FSU is so clearly outclassed it might be over anyways.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:35 PM)
I'm ready to declare MSU the national champs.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
FSU is in huge trouble now. Looks like the SEC domination continues.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)
Jameis getting a taste of his own medicine the way that Auburn is violating FSU.

Page 184 of this thread is amazeballs.

The last 5 minutes of that game had me s***ting bricks at work. What a freaking game. What a freaking win.

14-0. National Champs. Suck it, SEC.

Tre Mason's Heisman celebration after his TD score now makes him look like such a damn fool.

After the game, Devonta Freeman said "They play big-time football in ACC, Big 10 & Pac 12" in regards to beating the SEC. Sounds like they were playing for all of college football tonight. This truly was an everybody vs. the SEC game.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 10:28 AM)
After the game, Devonta Freeman said "They play big-time football in ACC, Big 10 & Pac 12" in regards to beating the SEC. Sounds like they were playing for all of college football tonight. This truly was an everybody vs. the SEC game.

SEC! SEC! SEC!

Seriously though nobody should have chosen a shady rapist over a conference.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 03:11 AM)
Page 184 of this thread is amazeballs.

The last 5 minutes of that game had me s***ting bricks at work. What a freaking game. What a freaking win.

14-0. National Champs. Suck it, SEC.

Tre Mason's Heisman celebration after his TD score now makes him look like such a damn fool.

Eh, I don't know. Mason had a great game. He did perform at a Heisman-esque level. And that TD run (that preceded his celebration) was awesome. Dude was just having some fun. You wanna know who looked like a fool? - the FSU WR throat-slashing (or whatever gesture he made) the AU bench. That could have been a very costly mistake.

That was actually one of the best designed plays I've ever seen. Whether it was Jimbo or his ST coach or somebody else who drew that up, that guy deserves a raise.

Yes, Auburn is guarding against a fake. You can see when the initial action starts to the right of the formation that Auburn is there and has it easily handled. Then suddenly there's a reverse the other way. It's a third-level thinking play, as if they are faking the fake punt.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 06:26 AM)

My favorite part about this is you are trying to insult me for doing something that you actually are doing. I didn't root for auburn tonight as was seen in the thread, but if you're first reaction is Ha! See underdog team loses by 4 in close game to heavily favored team, their conference sucks then I find it funny.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)
That was actually one of the best designed plays I've ever seen. Whether it was Jimbo or his ST coach or somebody else who drew that up, that guy deserves a raise.

Yes, Auburn is guarding against a fake. You can see when the initial action starts to the right of the formation that Auburn is there and has it easily handled. Then suddenly there's a reverse the other way. It's a third-level thinking play, as if they are faking the fake punt.

Exactly, and its not like a fake punt is obviously screwed if team has punt safe protection, they still have a lot of blockers to create number mismatches which was what reverse did when outside blocker got his man out of contain.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 03:35 AM)
Eh, I don't know. Mason had a great game. He did perform at a Heisman-esque level. And that TD run (that preceded his celebration) was awesome. Dude was just having some fun. You wanna know who looked like a fool? - the FSU WR throat-slashing (or whatever gesture he made) the AU bench. That could have been a very costly mistake.

When he broke free on that run, I was asking myself "Should he go down at the 1 to kill more time?". Of course had he done that, there is no guarantee they score the TD to take the lead, but they did leave too much time on the clock.

When he broke free on that run, I was asking myself "Should he go down at the 1 to kill more time?". Of course had he done that, there is no guarantee they score the TD to take the lead, but they did leave too much time on the clock.

If you are down 3, you can consider going down at the 1, because you have a tying FG as a backup plan. If you are down 4, you never, ever, give up an opportunity to put the ball in the end zone.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 07:45 AM)
If you are down 3, you can consider going down at the 1, because you have a tying FG as a backup plan. If you are down 4, you never, ever, give up an opportunity to put the ball in the end zone.

Well they were down 3, but then again, in college there is no such thing as a gimme FG. Every kick seems to be an adventure.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)
The most surprising part of the game was Auburn's defense holding FSU to 24 points. I didnt like that they went into zone prevent at the end and gave up the winning TD as their pressure fooled Winston all day.

The defensive lines on these SEC teams always seem to make the difference between them and everyone else. Such a combination of speed and power.