Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 09:36 AM)
The defensive lines on these SEC teams always seem to make the difference between them and everyone else. Such a combination of speed and power.

Its one of those things you arent ready for, and FSU's O Line had been pretty good. They also disguised their blitzes really well.

Lost in the hoopla is how close Auburn was to breaking the last play into a TD. Only great pursuit kept FSU from blowing it.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 07:14 AM)
That was actually one of the best designed plays I've ever seen. Whether it was Jimbo or his ST coach or somebody else who drew that up, that guy deserves a raise.

Yes, Auburn is guarding against a fake. You can see when the initial action starts to the right of the formation that Auburn is there and has it easily handled. Then suddenly there's a reverse the other way. It's a third-level thinking play, as if they are faking the fake punt.

It's far from the first time I've seen a reverse on a fake punt. Auburn lost contain, which they should have been instructed to do beforehand. If there's a guy or two on that side of the field anticipating a fake, it wouldn't have gone anywhere.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 07:45 AM)
If you are down 3, you can consider going down at the 1, because you have a tying FG as a backup plan. If you are down 4, you never, ever, give up an opportunity to put the ball in the end zone.

You could consider if it if was a tie game. In the situation last night, you had to go in the endzone anyway. FSU had 2 timeouts, so the only way the risk makes sense is if you take 2 straight knees, burn their 2 timeouts, kneel again, and bring it down to 40 seconds on the play clock. Then try to run it in on 3rd. It wasn't worth it.

I think a ton of James Franklin after this year. From where they were early to finish like that and with a QB switch was incredible. He also got the MOST out of Jordan Matthews that's for sure!

Sad news, Henry Josey is declaring for draft. He'll be my favorite Mizzou tiger for a long long long time. I hope he gets to stick in the NFL for enough to take care of him and his family for a while.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)
I think a ton of James Franklin after this year. From where they were early to finish like that and with a QB switch was incredible. He also got the MOST out of Jordan Matthews that's for sure!

Sad news, Henry Josey is declaring for draft. He'll be my favorite Mizzou tiger for a long long long time. I hope he gets to stick in the NFL for enough to take care of him and his family for a while.

Josey impressed the heck out of me this year. I had no idea who he was before the season, but that kid is good. Hope he checks out okay medically.

Its funny how he continues to get jobs after leaving every previous employer high and dry. This one is even more funny because it WAS one of his previous employers, so they know how it happens

Dameyune Craig is Auburn's co-offensive coordinator. He was Florida State's QB coach from 2010-12. He helped recruit Winston. After FSU's 3-and-out to open the second half, the game broadcast showed a meeting between some FSU players and coaches and you can hear Kelvin Benjamin say "Dameyune calling all the plays!"

Before Kelvin shouts that Dameyune Craig was calling out FSU's plays? 36 plays for 156 yards (4.3 yards/play). After? 30 plays for 229 (7.6 yards/play). Winston was 14/18 passing after that with 2 TD.

Also great news today that FSU juniors Rashad Greene, Tre Jackson and Cameron Erving are returning for a senior season. So far, only James Wilder, Jr. has declared early. Jernigan and Benjamin seem likely to go, then it's up to Devonta Freeman and Karlos Williams. Tyler Hunter, one of the starting safeties to start the season, got a medical redshirt and will be back next season too.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 10:44 PM)
Dameyune Craig is Auburn's co-offensive coordinator. He was Florida State's QB coach from 2010-12. He helped recruit Winston. After FSU's 3-and-out to open the second half, the game broadcast showed a meeting between some FSU players and coaches and you can hear Kelvin Benjamin say "Dameyune calling all the plays!"

Before Kelvin shouts that Dameyune Craig was calling out FSU's plays? 36 plays for 156 yards (4.3 yards/play). After? 30 plays for 229 (7.6 yards/play). Winston was 14/18 passing after that with 2 TD.

Also great news today that FSU juniors Rashad Greene, Tre Jackson and Cameron Erving are returning for a senior season. So far, only James Wilder, Jr. has declared early. Jernigan and Benjamin seem likely to go, then it's up to Devonta Freeman and Karlos Williams. Tyler Hunter, one of the starting safeties to start the season, got a medical redshirt and will be back next season too.

What's your point?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 11:39 PM)
What's your point?

That FSU made adjustments by bringing out the towels in the 2nd half, and that Winston and the FSU offense dominated when the opponent didn't know what was coming? And that FSU has a lot of talent coming back next season?

Is that ok? Or do I have to run the topics of my posts through you beforehand?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 12:02 AM)
That FSU made adjustments by bringing out the towels in the 2nd half, and that Winston and the FSU offense dominated when the opponent didn't know what was coming? And that FSU has a lot of talent coming back next season?

Is that ok? Or do I have to run the topics of my posts through you beforehand?

Wow, rocket science to disguise play calls. Frankly, fsu is stupid to not do it to begin with. But to think that's the only reason is silly, Winston and fsu played like s*** when plays were there in the first half.

Congrats on the win, die hard fan that started liking them because they were good and had cool uniforms. Well earned.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 12:13 AM)
Wow, rocket science to disguise play calls. Frankly, fsu is stupid to not do it to begin with. But to think that's the only reason is silly, Winston and fsu played like s*** when plays were there in the first half.

Congrats on the win, die hard fan that started liking them because they were good and had cool uniforms. Well earned.

s***, I didn't know you were only allowed to root for schools you attended.