Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 08:57 PM)
You guys hired the OC that was on his way out at Bama, Nussmeier.

Works for me. Anybody would've been an upgrade, although I don't totally blame Borges. The O-line was too inexperienced outside of Lewan.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 05:59 AM)
Works for me. Anybody would've been an upgrade, although I don't totally blame Borges. The O-line was too inexperienced outside of Lewan.

He's definitely an upgrade.

I don't buy the youth factor. Both tackles had experience, they were all poorly coached. I assume Funk is on his way out.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 11:44 PM)
Dameyune Craig is Auburn's co-offensive coordinator. He was Florida State's QB coach from 2010-12. He helped recruit Winston. After FSU's 3-and-out to open the second half, the game broadcast showed a meeting between some FSU players and coaches and you can hear Kelvin Benjamin say "Dameyune calling all the plays!"

Before Kelvin shouts that Dameyune Craig was calling out FSU's plays? 36 plays for 156 yards (4.3 yards/play). After? 30 plays for 229 (7.6 yards/play). Winston was 14/18 passing after that with 2 TD.

Also great news today that FSU juniors Rashad Greene, Tre Jackson and Cameron Erving are returning for a senior season. So far, only James Wilder, Jr. has declared early. Jernigan and Benjamin seem likely to go, then it's up to Devonta Freeman and Karlos Williams. Tyler Hunter, one of the starting safeties to start the season, got a medical redshirt and will be back next season too.

That's awesome. I expect to lose Benjamin but I'm sure at least one of Freeman/Williams will be back at RB. Also hoping O'Leary comes back as well. I'm quite shocked Erving is returning though, he was possibly a 1st round pick.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 01:02 AM)
That FSU made adjustments by bringing out the towels in the 2nd half, and that Winston and the FSU offense dominated when the opponent didn't know what was coming? And that FSU has a lot of talent coming back next season?

Is that ok? Or do I have to run the topics of my posts through you beforehand?

You do if it's not one of the allowable Big 10 teams, apparently.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 01:17 AM)
s***, I didn't know you were only allowed to root for schools you attended.

Also allowable: Schools in the Big 10 or MAC, schools your father rooted for, schools who suck or schools within your geographic region of your hometown.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 09:11 AM)
Also allowable: Schools in the Big 10 or MAC, schools your father rooted for, schools who suck or schools within your geographic region of your hometown.

This is a Sox message board, we make a living out of making fun of fake Cubs fans that moved here and only like a team because of a field and drinking. Its our nature.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 12:02 AM)
That FSU made adjustments by bringing out the towels in the 2nd half, and that Winston and the FSU offense dominated when the opponent didn't know what was coming? And that FSU has a lot of talent coming back next season?

Is that ok? Or do I have to run the topics of my posts through you beforehand?

It appears Auburn stopped forcing the issue on defense and blitzed a lot less. At least it seemed that way but the stats could tell otherwise.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 09:33 AM)
It appears Auburn stopped forcing the issue on defense and blitzed a lot less. At least it seemed that way but the stats could tell otherwise.

Someone investigated that and you are spot on. They stopped blitzing as much and his production increased.

IU meets every single one of those criteria: In the Big 10, my father rooted for them, they suck, and they are in my geographic region.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 10:28 AM)
This is a Sox message board, we make a living out of making fun of fake Cubs fans that moved here and only like a team because of a field and drinking. Its our nature.

Oh, I completely get it. But sometimes people root for teams that they "shouldn't have ever begun rooting for" for completely valid reasons. Sometimes I feel people don't get that here.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 09:51 AM)
Oh, I completely get it. But sometimes people root for teams that they "shouldn't have ever begun rooting for" for completely valid reasons. Sometimes I feel people don't get that here.

A team being great when you were a kid isn't a valid reason. Everyone should read the first part of "Now I Can Die in Peace" by Simmons.

Whatever, I'm an Alabama fan from now on, too. It's easy and safe to be a front runner. So it's laughable when those same fans start talking smack. Lot of sweat equity there.

I get that there are often compelling reasons why someone picks up a team that they have no natural connection to. On the other hand, I know a guy whose favorite teams are the NY Yankees, the LA Lakers, the Dallas Cowboys, and Kentucky basketball.

I dont see why people care what other people root for.

I have a friend who is a Jaguars fan, his brother is a Lions fan. Neither have lived in Jax or Detroit respectively.

They are just idiots who root for bad teams, but I dont care, I dont give them lessons about why they should really be Bayern Munich fans because they grew up in Germany and thus that is the "football" they should root for.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 11:20 AM)
A team being great when you were a kid isn't a valid reason. Everyone should read the first part of "Now I Can Die in Peace" by Simmons.

Whatever, I'm an Alabama fan from now on, too. It's easy and safe to be a front runner. So it's laughable when those same fans start talking smack. Lot of sweat equity there.

Gravitating to a good team when you are a kid isn't a valid reason to be a fan? You are too much, lol

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)

There's kind of a little difference in attaching yourself to a team when you're 10 as opposed to when you are 30.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 09:28 AM)

Which is funny, because a portion of the population here is only Sox fans because of Frank Thomas, and the guy who owns the board lives 3000 miles from Chicago.