Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

It's not Grant. FB player. I just Googled him and apparently he's also already been dealt with and it's public, sort of. I think it's bigger than these two too but I cant say for certain on that.

Please post the name here, or at least send it to me in a message. I have sources and can find stuff out.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 01:11 PM)
I'm 100% certain that none of that s*** went on during my years there. I can't be 100% certain about now, but I highly doubt it. If there were professors who were willing to do this, then Golson, Daniels, and Grant would have found their way to those professors instead of the ones who turned them in for cheating.

Notre Dame cares a tremendous amount that their athletes are treated as much like the rest of the students as possible. There are no athletic dorms--the athletes live in the same dorms as the rest of the students. Outside of season, athletes eat their meals in the dining halls with the rest of the students. There are no classes that are open only to athletes.

That's the opposite of what every big time program is doing. They are having special cafés, meal plans, dietitians, lounges etc only for athletes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 01:29 PM)
That's the opposite of what every big time program is doing. They are having special cafés, meal plans, dietitians, lounges etc only for athletes.

Rate of Student to student athlete is much higher in those schools than at Notre Dame. Notre Dame has a large athletic program so the percentage of students at Notre Dame that are student athletes is probably much greater than most if not all schools that are not Duke or Stanford.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 09:59 PM)
Wow penn state is overpaying Frankin. Just wow.

Vanderbilt had pretty much let it be known that if Franklin left it wouldn't be for money. I'm guessing that's what happened here.

Franklin would be the 6th highest paid head coach in college football.

1. Nick Saban 5.545

2. Bret Bielema 5.453

3. Butch Jones 4.96

4. Bob Stoops 4.77

5, Urban Meyer 4.6

6. James Franklin 4.5

7. Les Miles 4.459

8. Brady Hoke 4.154

9. Kirk Ferentz 3.985

10 Charlie Strong 3.8 at Lou. Texas should put him around 5 mil.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 11, 2014 -> 08:02 PM)
Goodbye. Way to ruin your career. Some kids just don't get it. What a waste.

First of all, we need to see what the actual charges are before assuming he gets booted. Second, this doesn't ruin his NFL career at all. The NFL doesn't give a s*** about personal stuff. LeGarrette Blount just scored 4 TDs in a playoff game last night after all.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 08:57 PM)
First of all, we need to see what the actual charges are before assuming he gets booted. Second, this doesn't ruin his NFL career at all. The NFL doesn't give a s*** about personal stuff. LeGarrette Blount just scored 4 TDs in a playoff game last night after all.

That's a bad example considering his personal issues has cost him a truckload of money.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 02:57 PM)

What? If he was actually trying to sell a pound of weed, he's screwed. Da'Rick Rodgers went from 1st or 2nd round pick to undrafted because he was kicked out of school for smoking weed. In this case, we're talking about selling it. It's possible some team would give him a chance, but it will hurt him tremendously. He's going to have to do lots of damage control and he'll have zero margin for error. If he had kept his head straight, he would have been a high draft pick and making millions from the get-go.

You're right, though. We do need to see what he's actually charged with. My statements are based on what has been rumored.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 09:58 PM)
What? If he was actually trying to sell a pound of weed, he's screwed. Da'Rick Rodgers went from 1st or 2nd round pick to undrafted because he was kicked out of school for smoking weed. In this case, we're talking about selling it. It's possible some team would give him a chance, but it will hurt him tremendously. He's going to have to do lots of damage control and he'll have zero margin for error. If he had kept his head straight, he would have been a high draft pick and making millions from the get-go.

You're right, though. We do need to see what he's actually charged with. My statements are based on what has been rumored.

From everything I've seen, i don't think it will end up being a distribution charge. It was found off of a traffic stop, he wasn't the driver and it wasn't his car. It seems he has some friends he needs to shed.

Of off the field behavior, I just don't much care about this too much (unless he was selling a pound, but again, I don't think that will be the case). He seems to be a pothead, he's been arrested for crusiing, clearly.

But compared to the s*** our basketball team had been doing in 08, if it's not violent or sexual assault, I don't really get too mad. Sucks if we lose him, but I don't think we will. I still hope he gets paid.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 11:00 AM)
From everything I've seen, i don't think it will end up being a distribution charge. It was found off of a traffic stop, he wasn't the driver and it wasn't his car. It seems he has some friends he needs to shed.

Of off the field behavior, I just don't much care about this too much (unless he was selling a pound, but again, I don't think that will be the case). He seems to be a pothead, he's been arrested for crusiing, clearly.

But compared to the s*** our basketball team had been doing in 08, if it's not violent or sexual assault, I don't really get too mad. Sucks if we lose him, but I don't think we will. I still hope he gets paid.

If all he's doing is smoking, then yeah, that's no big deal at all. Probably have to serve some sort of suspension.

There is an awful story on Mizzou Athletics on OTL about a Swimmer that said she was sexually assaulted by a football player to several nurses, counselors, and according to diary a Athletics administrator before committing suicide a year later. The university is saying no admin official had been notified, and that the medical personnel were all bound to respect her wishes, and she had declined to pursue.

But now that she has passed, the University can pursue and I hope that they will. They also need to re-evaluate their sexual assault procedures to be more proactive. It seems like everyone didn't move because she expressed she was scared to press charges, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have investigated.

http://www.thewire.com/national/2014/01/wh...egation/357367/

Part of Mizzou AD exchange:

http://www.mutigers.com/genrel/012414-otl-exchange.html

If you read more of her back story, I'm not entirely sure her suicide is a result of the assault, which OTL made a leap with. Honestly, I thought it was irresponsible reporting on their part. "Here are some facts that we are going to place next to each other. We're not going to outright say there's a connection because we can't prove it, but we know you're going to think it now!" She already had a mental disorder and maybe the assault put her over the top, but they shouldn't be writing a piece connecting the two. Who knows.

I was more concerned with the fact that the assault actually happened and that it involved football players than how the university handled it. Seems weird to write this whole report and focus on how it was handled, which was fair/ok not great, while the actually act of the awful thing is kind of secondary. That's messed up.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 25, 2014 -> 06:05 AM)
If you read more of her back story, I'm not entirely sure her suicide is a result of the assault, which OTL made a leap with. Honestly, I thought it was irresponsible reporting on their part. "Here are some facts that we are going to place next to each other. We're not going to outright say there's a connection because we can't prove it, but we know you're going to think it now!" She already had a mental disorder and maybe the assault put her over the top, but they shouldn't be writing a piece connecting the two. Who knows.

I was more concerned with the fact that the assault actually happened and that it involved football players than how the university handled it. Seems weird to write this whole report and focus on how it was handled, which was fair/ok not great, while the actually act of the awful thing is kind of secondary. That's messed up.

Yeah I think I'm just so thrown off by how common sexual assault incidents have been in college athletics. I want perpetrators removed and charged. I hate it.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 25, 2014 -> 01:17 AM)
Yeah I think I'm just so thrown off by how common sexual assault incidents have been in college athletics. I want perpetrators removed and charged. I hate it.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 26, 2014 -> 11:07 AM)
It's disgusting.

Just think...10 years ago there were probably just as many, but people were more scared to come forward.