Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2013 -> 03:19 AM)
I watched some of the Northwestern game. Damn NU looks good again. Serious question. I'm assuming NW recruits the Chicago area amazingly well. How come Illini can't build a powerful program just from Chicago Catholic League and Public League kids and some of those studs in suburbia???

Because they wouldn't be very good. (Not that Illinois is any good now). Chicagoland surprisingly lacks in the football talent department. Most of Northwesterns best players are from out of state.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 1, 2013 -> 07:52 AM)
Because they wouldn't be very good. (Not that Illinois is any good now). Chicagoland surprisingly lacks in the football talent department. Most of Northwesterns best players are from out of state.

Right. Illinois really isn't a football state and high school football in Illinois is average at best. Northwestern is getting more of the top talent from the area lately, but they need to do well nationally to thrive.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Sep 2, 2013 -> 04:19 PM)
Cinci is down to -7 against Illinois on Saturday. Time to lose everything I have because Vegas clearly knows something that I don't.

It opened at 10-11 I believe. Only people betting these games right now are the Pros. If you like Illinois then wait towards the end of the week when it gets back up towards 10. If you like Cincy then jump now. The pros have bet this thing down to 7 and will probably start laying money on Cincy so they can try to middle the game.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 2, 2013 -> 03:30 PM)
It opened at 10-11 I believe. Only people betting these games right now are the Pros. If you like Illinois then wait towards the end of the week when it gets back up towards 10. If you like Cincy then jump now. The pros have bet this thing down to 7 and will probably start laying money on Cincy so they can try to middle the game.

Yeah, 10.5 I believe. Sharps have bet it down apparently. When I first saw it last night I thought it was wrong though and would play cinci up to -14. I just want to see some reasoning as to why the line is so low. Illinois lost one time

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 10:04 PM)
And he loved Texas. As did Manziel and Griffin III. Too bad Mack Brown is too much of an idiot and wants to recruit those guys as DBs and Athletes as opposed to QBs.

Apparently when Texas started showing interest he was already down to Alabama and FSU so they didn't even bother making an offer. It's strange, FSU has had two straight QB's go in the 1st round after being long time starters, but this is the first time it finally feels like we might actually have a QB