Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 08:26 PM)
Big difference between top 3 and top 10 or top 15. Neither is going to be a national champion (and I never claimed such). Michigan is one of the 3 best teams in the big ten, potentially the 2nd best. I think Ohio State is better then them and Wisconsin might be as well (hard to judge for certain on Wisconsin but they've looked damn good in their 1st 2 cupcakes).

Well the Big Ten is hot garbage so that doesn't mean much. To me, "really good" teams are championship contenders which is where we differ.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 07:26 PM)
Well the Big Ten is hot garbage so that doesn't mean much. To me, "really good" teams are championship contenders which is where we differ.

There are over 100 division 1 football games. Being in the top 10% is really good.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
So far this season they've been very good OOC.

Of course, because they haven't played anybody good. (Other than Michigan/ND)NW beat Cal, who struggled to beat Portland State. Syracuse isn't very good. Even the Illinois win gets canceled out by Purdue losing by 35 to the same team. Other than that, its MAC and D 2 across the board.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 01:40 PM)
Of course, because they haven't played anybody good. (Other than Michigan/ND)NW beat Cal, who struggled to beat Portland State. Syracuse isn't very good. Even the Illinois win gets canceled out by Purdue losing by 35 to the same team. Other than that, its MAC and D 2 across the board.

Yes, but compared to other conferences thats not "hot garbage." Oregon hasnt played or beaten anyone, USC sucked balls and stanford has only one crappy game. Its like that across pretty much all conferences this early in the season except for maybe 2-3 impact games total.

I bet you couldnt guess how many teams in the top 25 have actually only played one "D-1" school so far out of their two games.

Edited by RockRaines

B1G is 21-3

Key wins over South Florida, Syracuse(x2), #14 Notre Dame and California.

Losses include Navy, Cincy and NIU

1-0 vs top 25 ranked teams

0-0 vs top 10 ranked teams

ACC

16-5

Key wins over #5 Georgia, #12Florida, BYU.

losses include #6 South Carolina, #1 Alabama, Penn State, #19 Northwestern and

#2 Oregon.

2-4 vs top 25 ranked teams.

1-3 vs top 10 ranked teams.

Big 12

12-4

Key wins over Mississippi State.

Losses include North Dakota State*, Northern Iowa*, #12 LSU, BYU.

0-1 vs top 25 ranked teams.

0-0 vs top 10 ranked teams.

PAC 12

15-3

Key wins over Virgina, #19 Bosie State,

Losses include Northwestern, Auburn, Eastern Washington*

1-1 vs top 25 ranked teams.

0-0 vs top 10 ranked teams.

SEC

19-4

Key wins over UNC, Va Tech, Washington State, #20 TCU.

Losses include #13 Oklahoma State, #8 Clemson, Miam FL, Western Kentucky

1-2 vs top 25 ranked teams.

0-1 vs top 10 ranked teams.

* Marks an FCS school.

FYI

Anyone else going to the Chicago Homecoming game Saturday? Looks to be a decent crowd, maybe 80% full.

Don't expect to win, probably a really high scoring, entertaining game. But we may give up 40+.

With a loss, we'd be 3-1 in non-conference since Miami is brutal, get them in 2 weeks.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
Anyone else going to the Chicago Homecoming game Saturday? Looks to be a decent crowd, maybe 80% full.

Don't expect to win, probably a really high scoring, entertaining game. But we may give up 40+.

With a loss, we'd be 3-1 in non-conference since Miami is brutal, get them in 2 weeks.

Maybe if the Groupon gets even cheaper. :ph34r:

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 09:59 PM)
Anyone see TCu vs. Texas Tech? Perhaps the worst officiated game I've ever seen. Catch some highlights of that debacle.

Only showed one controversial play but not sure what they were supposed to do on that dropped ball play, or what the rule is.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 01:36 PM)
It's pretty interesting how SI.com is openly recruiting for Oklahoma State. If you come and play football in Stillwater, all these chicks will sleep with you, you don't have to do homework, and you can smoke all the weed you want. Where do I sign?

Don't forget you get paid.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 05:50 AM)
Only showed one controversial play but not sure what they were supposed to do on that dropped ball play, or what the rule is.

Yeah that was a missed call too but far from the worst. TCU got turnovers on straight plays in the final minutes and the refs missed both of them. They got really screwed.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 01:41 PM)
Yeah that was a missed call too but far from the worst. TCU got turnovers on straight plays in the final minutes and the refs missed both of them. They got really screwed.

The halo rule call was horrendous. Then they let TTU get off a play on the fumble that occurred on the next play, so I thought they weren't going to review it. They eventually reviewed it and still screwed it up.

These two plays were after the refs somehow overturned the punt return for a TD on a non-reviewable call. The scoring play is reviewed, but the judgement call made on the field couldn't be changed and I have no idea how they thought their was enough evidence even if it was a reviewable play. TCU just got screwed.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 01:36 PM)
It's pretty interesting how SI.com is openly recruiting for Oklahoma State. If you come and play football in Stillwater, all these chicks will sleep with you, you don't have to do homework, and you can smoke all the weed you want. Where do I sign?

I think its more interesting that this year people are attacking the media and saying kids should be getting paid when last year trading your possessions for tats and money were the worst thing any kid could every do.