Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 08:12 AM)
How many? UConn has 15+ NFL players despite being a fairly poor football school.

According to ESPN, UConn has 17, Illinois has 24. With the sheer amount of players in the NFL, every school is bound to have several, so I'm probably overexaggerating a bit. But it still just amazes me how many Illini players are in the league. One Rose Bowl and two 6-6 seasons in the past 10 years? And several 0-8 B1G seasons.

I think it was after the 2012 draft, but they said that only USC & Alabama had more 1st round picks than Illinois over the past 5 or so years. ZOOKER!

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 11:15 AM)
Yeah, only a few scholarships lost for Miami. Still bowl-eligible.

Not a shock at all. Miami already has self imposed 3 postseason games, been under the 85 limit and a self reduction of paid visits.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)
Biggest winner today was Frank Haith. If what the NCAA says is true, he probably should never coach another game. Getting a 5 game suspension isn't even a slap on the wrist.

Devier Posey got 5 games for getting paid an extra $3.07 over the course of a few years.

Timing was on Miami's side here. USC got much worse for one player involved in pay for play.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 10:46 AM)
Devier Posey got 5 games for getting paid an extra $3.07 over the course of a few years.

Timing was on Miami's side here. USC got much worse for one player involved in pay for play.

I think people are starting to get fed up with the NCAA's s***. It's time for Emmert to go.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 03:32 PM)
Biggest winner today was Frank Haith. If what the NCAA says is true, he probably should never coach another game. Getting a 5 game suspension isn't even a slap on the wrist.

If what the NCAA says is true is a hilarious statement.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)

I wish.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
Any other team in the country facing 4 teams in a row coming off a bye week? Jeez

Poor OSU. Everyone is out to get them, AGAIN. First a home game against unranked Iowa, then the offensive juggernaut Penn State, and both off a bye week?????? How can they ever handle such a daunting schedule?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 10:58 PM)
Poor OSU. Everyone is out to get them, AGAIN. First a home game against unranked Iowa, then the offensive juggernaut Penn State, and both off a bye week?????? How can they ever handle such a daunting schedule?

NW in evanston at full strength as well.

FYI, Bama complained about this very thing years ago, its very strange.

Edited by RockRaines

Alabama played 6 straight teams that were coming off of a bye week in 2010. From 2007-10, Alabama played 17 SEC games against teams coming off a bye week. LSU had the next most in that same time period with 5 games. That was weird in the conference scheduling.

Alabama is punishing fraternities for leaving games early, lol. Saban is such a megalomaniac

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=9880250

The block seating usually reserved for fraternities and other groups will be dissolved for Saturday's game against Tennessee, and any student will be allowed to sit anywhere in the student section.

The university's guidelines for the block seating lists "excessive tardiness or early departure from the stadium" as "unacceptable behavior," according to the Birmingham News.

The handbook also says an organization's second offense would result in the loss of block seating for the rest of the seasons, and organizations would be banned from sitting together after a third offense, the News reported.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 26, 2013 -> 01:54 PM)
Man Northwestern sucks. Too bad.

Their D is about what I expected, maybe even a little better. The problem is the offense has been out of sync most of the year. Their offensive line stinks, a lot of holding penalties and false starts (plus somehow they have like 5 false starts on receivers). They're not a team that can consistently recover from penalties. I'm really worried about next year's offense without Colter, Simien has looked brutal this year.