Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 26, 2013 -> 02:13 PM)
Their D is about what I expected, maybe even a little better. The problem is the offense has been out of sync most of the year. Their offensive line stinks, a lot of holding penalties and false starts (plus somehow they have like 5 false starts on receivers). They're not a team that can consistently recover from penalties. I'm really worried about next year's offense without Colter, Simien has looked brutal this year.

I haven't watched every minute but I feel that Simien at least looked adequate at the beginning of the year and has just gotten worse and worse as the season has went on.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their D is about what I expected, maybe even a little better. The problem is the offense has been out of sync most of the year. Their offensive line stinks, a lot of holding penalties and false starts (plus somehow they have like 5 false starts on receivers). They're not a team that can consistently recover from penalties. I'm really worried about next year's offense without Colter, Simien has looked brutal this year.

That Ohio state game just destroyed them emotionally. It's been downhill since.

The injuries to Colter and Mark haven't helped.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 26, 2013 -> 02:17 PM)
I haven't watched every minute but I feel that Simien at least looked adequate at the beginning of the year and has just gotten worse and worse as the season has went on.

He was fine against the s***ty defenses early in the year and started out well against OSU. He started getting rushed like crazy though and now he's hearing footsteps. After I thought about it, most of his previous success came in late-game situations where teams generally drop 8 and don't put on much of a pass-rush.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 26, 2013 -> 03:33 PM)
The injuries to Colter and Mark haven't helped.

Definitely, though Colter more than Mark. Green and Buckley are serviceable and Trumpy is okay if you keep him between the tackles. They lose a lot on offense without Colter's running ability though.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 26, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)
90s Florida State is back

That 1st quarter against NC State was the team collectively saying F-U for the upset last season that cost them a potential shot in the title game.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2013 -> 12:20 AM)
Nobody knows pain like a Mizzou fan knows pain. Par for the course. Congrats Miami for beating wake forest.

Miami will be the #5 or #6 team in the country next week. And that's a God damned joke. Hopefully it'll look better on the resume for FSU down the stretch.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2013 -> 12:20 AM)
Nobody knows pain like a Mizzou fan knows pain. Par for the course. Congrats Miami for beating wake forest.

That was painful. Hard to find a harder way to lose. I still feel like crap.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 27, 2013 -> 06:18 AM)
Ya, we "win" this one

No I get that your program is in bad shape. I'm more talking about how so many of mizzous defining losses have had such absurd things happen in them (fleakicker, five downs, edney, missing a 3 foot field goal after being up 17-0 at home in fourth)

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2013 -> 09:51 AM)
No I get that your program is in bad shape. I'm more talking about how so many of mizzous defining losses have had such absurd things happen in them (fleakicker, five downs, edney, missing a 3 foot field goal after being up 17-0 at home in fourth)

We've had plenty of that, too.