Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 01:00 PM)
Third is about right so I agree.

Still 3 games left. FSU is getting Duke in their conference title game while we may actually get some help from MSU. I don't understand the love fest with Baylor.

I don't think FSU playing Duke would help at all. OSU isn't jumping FSU unless they lose.

If Baylor beats Ok st this weekend and goes undefeated then you might need that help from MSU to pass Baylor (assuming Bama or FSU lose).

If Baylor wins this weekend, I would bet that they would be #3 come Sunday.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 03:19 PM)
Unless he somehow gets charged and kicked off the team and then they lose I dont think it changes anything.

B+B just mentioned that FSU has a rule that if you get charged with a crime(not even convicted), you are booted from the team.

Things could get crazy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 03:21 PM)
B+B just mentioned that FSU has a rule that if you get charged with a crime(not even convicted), you are booted from the team.

Things could get crazy

Wow, I'm assuming its moving down that path, but who knows. The Police sound like a bunch of f***ing idiots in whats coming out today.

Things could get crazy

I can't believe I'm going to defend a player from FSU of all places, but I think that rule is crap. It is very easy for a woman to make up a sexual assault claim. That's why we have a justice system, to sort out what is and isn't true. And yes, sometimes the guy is guilty and gets off, but the worst thing you can have happen is have a made up claim ruin a player and his team. Imagine the Duke lacrosse deal, but in a sport that more than five people care about.

Now, I'm not saying that if there's overwhelming evidence, that you have to let the guy keep competing until it gets all they way through to the end of the trial, but this kind of policy where you're automatically booted based on charges is dangerous. It can also lead to local law enforcement being very hesitant to press charges when they should be.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 03:30 PM)
I can't believe I'm going to defend a player from FSU of all places, but I think that rule is crap. It is very easy for a woman to make up a sexual assault claim. That's why we have a justice system, to sort out what is and isn't true. And yes, sometimes the guy is guilty and gets off, but the worst thing you can have happen is have a made up claim ruin a player and his team. Imagine the Duke lacrosse deal, but in a sport that more than five people care about.

Now, I'm not saying that if there's overwhelming evidence, that you have to let the guy keep competing until it gets all they way through to the end of the trial, but this kind of policy where you're automatically booted based on charges is dangerous. It can also lead to local law enforcement being very hesitant to press charges when they should be.

I agree with you 100%. It DOES sound fishy that the police kind of told her not to press charges and then they basically through the case into limbo, but the case in the first place could have been bulls***. They DID say she wasnt intoxicated, so that changes some of that stuff.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 03:30 PM)

I think the Bobby Bowden tenure got that rule put in place. Towards the end, that place was a madhouse

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 03:34 PM)
I agree with you 100%. It DOES sound fishy that the police kind of told her not to press charges and then they basically through the case into limbo, but the case in the first place could have been bulls***. They DID say she wasnt intoxicated, so that changes some of that stuff.

Is the TPD saying that now? With all the conflicting details in the case, it's hard to figure out what the current belief is, and at least initially, it was said that she was intoxicated.

I just don't see any way that this is resolved quickly.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 03:38 PM)
Is the TPD saying that now? With all the conflicting details in the case, it's hard to figure out what the current belief is, and at least initially, it was said that she was intoxicated.

I just don't see any way that this is resolved quickly.

They gave the lawyer the results where she wasnt intoxicated. I saw it on an AP link.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/...-out?src=mobile

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 10:24 PM)
After the disgusting debacles that occured at Penn State, Notre Dame and Steubenville, you think people would understand how dumb it is to threaten people with the magical power of football. But no. Still happening it seems.

Problem is that it worked at ND, nothing happened to the program.

Problem is that it worked at ND, nothing happened to the program.

Big difference between two friends doing it to the alleged victim and the police doing it to the alleged victim. But I guess when your team hasn't won a conference game in forever, all you can do is paint others with a broad brush.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 06:47 AM)
Big difference between two friends doing it to the alleged victim and the police doing it to the alleged victim. But I guess when your team hasn't won a conference game in forever, all you can do is paint others with a broad brush.

You sure wish there was a big difference.

Hopefully this victim doesn't hurt herself.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 11:28 PM)
Dna report connects Winston to accuser...

Analysis completed by Florida police confirmed that DNA provided by Florida State QB Jameis Winston matched a sample taken from the underwear of the woman who has accused him of sexual battery, according to ESPN.

Per ESPN, who saw the report, "the chance of the DNA in the woman's underwear being a match for someone other than Winston was one in 2.2 trillion." The initial sample was obtained on Dec. 7, 2012 after the alleged incident occurred. Winston then took his half of the test on Tuesday.

Per Rotoworld

We will see If Florida St turns a blind eye.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 09:06 AM)
Analysis completed by Florida police confirmed that DNA provided by Florida State QB Jameis Winston matched a sample taken from the underwear of the woman who has accused him of sexual battery, according to ESPN.

Per ESPN, who saw the report, "the chance of the DNA in the woman's underwear being a match for someone other than Winston was one in 2.2 trillion." The initial sample was obtained on Dec. 7, 2012 after the alleged incident occurred. Winston then took his half of the test on Tuesday.

Per Rotoworld

We will see If Florida St turns a blind eye.

I wonder if there is any other evidence or witnesses. or is it just "he assaulted me" vs. "it was consenual".