Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 12:38 AM)
Obviously athlete cheating happens everywhere even down in D2, MAC etc. but is this story going to cause a floodgate of whistle blowers?

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)
I don't know, that was pretty shocking to me. I was in classes with football players a lot, it's not like it's out in the open behavior like this if it happens. I figured they'd mostly just not give a s***.

I'm with Rock here. I went to a D2 school with a big time football program and some of the things I knew about the players and what the program did for them is ridiculous. There are cases like this with every school.

The f*** it's not. Why did she "snap" and commit suicide? Woke up one day and randomly decided to? No, because she got molested and was threatened and then no one investigated it.

But hey, keep reading all your police reports or whatever you have special access to that have been doctored up and tell you otherwise.

Whatever, maybe I worded it poorly. Lots of people are victimized every day and nearly all of them don't commit suicide just because the investigation isn't all neatly wrapped up within a couple days.

just to clarify what surprised me, it was the lede of the article on the threats, not the cheating, which obviously just came out Mizzou had a pretty big cheating scandal. Cheating is BAD, no doubt, but it more bothers me that people would cover up physical threats toward faculty.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 03:12 PM)
And the 6 FBS teams Iowa beat are a combined 22-42, including a staggering 8-33 conference record.

They won the games they were supposed to win, although they should have beaten NIU. A bad INT in the last few minutes did them in. A big improvement over last season. Most prognosticators had them winning 4 or 5 games this year.