Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)
Ha Zenryan, I was just going to post that. Watch it happen.

if it does, it'll only be fitting for the BCS as we know it to end in that fashion. An SEC team backs into another title game, another team that didnt even win their own division. haha, you know talk radio/ESPN is hoping for that.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the most famous plays in cfb history. Wow.

I totally called the result of that FG attempt. Unfortunately only my 4 y.o. daughter was in the room when I said it, so I have no verification.

That was the dumbest coaching decision ever. An Auburn TD is a far more likely outcome on that play than an Alabama FG.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 07:06 PM)
I totally called the result of that FG attempt. Unfortunately only my 4 y.o. daughter was in the room when I said it, so I have no verification.

That was the dumbest coaching decision ever. An Auburn TD is a far more likely outcome on that play than an Alabama FG.

I thought the fg was absolutely the right call.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 07:06 PM)

Disagree. Almost made it, and they only kick it if they know he has made from there. However, there appeared to be no coaching against the return or different personnel.

As a Mizzou alum, I can't honestly see how a 1-loss SEC team would get in ahead of undefeated FSU/OSU. Undefeated is undefeated in a major conference. ESPN is hyping the 1-loss scenario, but someone needs to lose. MSU is fully capable to beat OSU, but that absolutely needs to happen. Some guy on ESPN was saying this is the worst Big Ten ever, which I think is wrong. I think it's a bit up from the past couple years.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 10:30 PM)
Link that explains this?

2/3 is voters. Why isn't it possible?

Because voters aren't going to put OSU at #10. Do you really think a one loss team jumps an undefeated team after 13 games?

Im sure ESPN will talk about it enough for you to see every bit of info you desire. They too want an Sec team in the title game.

@McMurphyESPN: In 15-year history, undefeated BCS AQ team never ranked behind 1-loss team in final BCS poll
Edited by RockRaines

Putting Auburn ahead of Ohio State is ridiculous. Mizzou is going to pound them next weekend anyways. That said, it's still entirely possible Auburn gets put ahead of OSU using some basic math. Heck even if they were consensus number 1 in the computers and 3 in the human polls, that would mean a tie with Auburn. Obviously the formula is slightly more complex than than that, but you know there's going to be some ridiculous campaigning for them.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 01:54 AM)
if it does, it'll only be fitting for the BCS as we know it to end in that fashion. An SEC team backs into another title game, another team that didnt even win their own division. haha, you know talk radio/ESPN is hoping for that.

If only Miami could have won any big game.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 06:40 AM)
Putting Auburn ahead of Ohio State is ridiculous. Mizzou is going to pound them next weekend anyways. That said, it's still entirely possible Auburn gets put ahead of OSU using some basic math. Heck even if they were consensus number 1 in the computers and 3 in the human polls, that would mean a tie with Auburn. Obviously the formula is slightly more complex than than that, but you know there's going to be some ridiculous campaigning for them.

I just fainted at the sight of seeing someone think Mizzou will win a big game.

This will take getting used to.

What about fsu this year makes you think they have a bad defense? Giving up 7 to Clemson in Clemson? They are certainly better than michigan that just gave up only 42 to them.

Btw. Mizzous EJ Gaines held mike Evans to 8 yards on 4 catches.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 02:25 AM)
What about fsu this year makes you think they have a bad defense? Giving up 7 to Clemson in Clemson? They are certainly better than michigan that just gave up only 42 to them.

Btw. Mizzous EJ Gaines held mike Evans to 8 yards on 4 catches.

f*** Mizzou

There is zero chance that anybody jumps FSU or OSU. The SEC coaches will pull their usual BS and vote OSU down around 5th-7th like they did to ND last year, but it won't be enough.

There is also zero chance that Alabama ends up ahead of the SEC champion, so Alabama needs both FSU and OSU to lose, and I don't see any way FSU loses.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 11:01 PM)
Because voters aren't going to put OSU at #10. Do you really think a one loss team jumps an undefeated team after 13 games?

Im sure ESPN will talk about it enough for you to see every bit of info you desire. They too want an Sec team in the title game.

They wouldn't have to be 10th. Edwards said there is a chance auburn could be 1 in the computers. Then it comes down to voters. Is it likely? Probably not. But it's far from impossible, which is what you were implying simply due to the bcs formula.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 09:09 AM)
They wouldn't have to be 10th. Edwards said there is a chance auburn could be 1 in the computers. Then it comes down to voters. Is it likely? Probably not. But it's far from impossible, which is what you were implying simply due to the bcs formula.

I just hope you are warming up your Big Ten chant to counter the folks down south pulling for their conference.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 09:12 AM)
I just hope you are warming up your Big Ten chant to counter the folks down south pulling for their conference.

Sorry, with my experience with osu fans through the years, I'll basically never pull for osu. Plus urban Meyer.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 08:08 AM)
There is zero chance that anybody jumps FSU or OSU. The SEC coaches will pull their usual BS and vote OSU down around 5th-7th like they did to ND last year, but it won't be enough.

There is also zero chance that Alabama ends up ahead of the SEC champion, so Alabama needs both FSU and OSU to lose, and I don't see any way FSU loses.

@11W: Auburn AD Jay Jacobs: "It would be – quite frankly – un-American for us not to get a chance to go to Pasadena if we beat Missouri."

Translation. It's American to get beaten like a drum by LSU.