Miami Steroid clinic thread

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not TOO hard to get a prescription for testosterone, I know a lot of fitness-oriented guys that have done it. You're not given d-bol or something super potent, but T replacement therapy can have some big time physique benefits. Oftentimes you're sacrificing your fertility in this quest, though, if you jump into it as young as some of my acquaintances.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 08:38 AM)
Damn Cesar Carrillo too? He actually lived right around me on the southeast side of Chicago back in the day and I saw him play in little league. That sucks to hear.

I played with Cesar for a few years at Mount Carmel. It's sad to hear he took PEDs, but I understand why he did it. I actually went up to Milwaukee for his ML debut and saw Prince hit one close to 500ft off him. At that point I kind of knew it wasn't happening for him.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 11:32 AM)
It's not TOO hard to get a prescription for testosterone, I know a lot of fitness-oriented guys that have done it. You're not given d-bol or something super potent, but T replacement therapy can have some big time physique benefits. Oftentimes you're sacrificing your fertility in this quest, though, if you jump into it as young as some of my acquaintances.

This is the key. The dosage of the drug given out for replacement therapy is not enough to produce the massive strength change you see in the professional athletes. This is also very easy to detect with normal PED testing.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 10:12 AM)
With 100% confidence, I can say that Frank Thomas was. If it turned out that he used steroids, I would never follow baseball again.

You can't be 100% confident about something like that, you don't know, no one but him does.

I don't think he did either, but I can't blame a person for being suspicious about ANYONE during that entire era.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 12:17 PM)
You can't be 100% confident about something like that, you don't know, no one but him does.

I don't think he did either, but I can't blame a person for being suspicious about ANYONE during that entire era.

I've kept myself hidden for far, far too long.

I am Frank Thomas.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)
This is the key. The dosage of the drug given out for replacement therapy is not enough to produce the massive strength change you see in the professional athletes. This is also very easy to detect with normal PED testing.

The recent advent of topical TRT products is thanks to Patrick Arnold, the chemist behind the Cream and the Clear. He and I are acquaintances (he lives in Seymour, IL and still sells legal supplements).

Anyways, if the documents only say that Gio took the AminoRip, then that newspaper has done him a huge disservice. That's nothing, you can buy similar products all over the place. Under most conditions, they would do nothing at all.

Almost as asinine as the line of inquiry on Ray Lewis and Deer Antler Velvet, which doesn't do a damn thing.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 02:54 PM)
The recent advent of topical TRT products is thanks to Patrick Arnold, the chemist behind the Cream and the Clear. He and I are acquaintances (he lives in Seymour, IL and still sells legal supplements).

Anyways, if the documents only say that Gio took the AminoRip, then that newspaper has done him a huge disservice. That's nothing, you can buy similar products all over the place. Under most conditions, they would do nothing at all.

Almost as asinine as the line of inquiry on Ray Lewis and Deer Antler Velvet, which doesn't do a damn thing.

IGF-1 is a primary mediator of the effects of growth hormone (GH). Growth hormone is made in the anterior pituitary gland, is released into the blood stream, and then stimulates the liver to produce IGF-1. IGF-1 then stimulates systemic body growth, and has growth-promoting effects on almost every cell in the body, especially skeletal muscle, cartilage, bone, liver, kidney, nerves, skin, hematopoietic cell, and lungs. In addition to the insulin-like effects, IGF-1 can also regulate cell growth and development, especially in nerve cells, as well as cellular DNA synthesis.

Are you saying its proven to not do anything or thats your opinion?

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 03:09 PM)
Are you saying its proven to not do anything or thats your opinion?

There's no research on human beings supportive of benefits to athletes, or really anybody.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 03:13 PM)
Do you think that this could get Melky Cabrera additional time suspended?

That's a good question, I wondered the same thing. It wouldn't be fair if this was the original person he purchased from. If he lied about how he got things, though, strike him down.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)
So what are you thinking? Platelet therapy?

Platelet therapy is for mostly for tendons. For the joints a little synthdisc or one of those is about the best you can do for an injection.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 03:23 PM)
Platelet therapy is for mostly for tendons. For the joints a little synthdisc or one of those is about the best you can do for an injection.

Mine is cartilage, joints and ligaments. One of my biggest issues is my knee cap not settling back into its spot all the time.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 02:54 PM)

I would agree if that is all he took. It's wrong to group him in with the rest of them unless other substances were used.

The topicals like clear and creme are different. I was speaking to the typical prescription for low testosterone. It's the illegal ones that are in professional sports.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 03:26 PM)
Mine is cartilage, joints and ligaments. One of my biggest issues is my knee cap not settling back into its spot all the time.

most of the new research shows that the patella malalignment you are referring to is really caused by hip abductor and external rotator insufficiency. The larger hip muscles stabilize the femur and reduces the patella excursion.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 03:13 PM)
Do you think that this could get Melky Cabrera additional time suspended?

They have a set date for his positive test. If they do research and find that he purchased stuff after his positive test, they should suspend him again. Same for Mota and Colon and Grandal and whoever else too.