Alex Rodriguez...Yes or No

ZionrulZ

QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 03:40 PM)
IF the Yankees are successful at voiding the remainder of A-Rod's contract, and IF his surgery is successful (and he passes a drug test(s)), would you take a flyer on him if you were the White Sox?

HELL NO!!!!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Replacing them with a 38 year old once busted recently accused again and breaking down player coming off multiple injury years is not really the best plan.

No it isn't...but the Sox aren't gonna get Headley or Olt or Moustakas or Beltre, etc.

Adding A-Rod and Keppinger for 3b/2b is an undeniable upgrade over the total worth we got from 3b/2b last year. So while this is all just in theory and assuming ok to decent health -- yes, of course.

It's a definite improvement.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 03:51 PM)
Replacing them with a 38 year old once busted recently accused again and breaking down player coming off multiple injury years is not really the best plan.

Depending on his cost, he probably would be their best plan. Is he "Chicago Tough" though?

Hell no to Alex Rodriguez. It almost feels like he's about to get laughed out of the game. Bonds didn't mind it, he didn't and doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. Rodriguez is probably going to cry just like he did in front of Jeter's house when he wouldn't open the door for him.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 06:17 PM)
Depending on his cost, he probably would be their best plan. Is he "Chicago Tough" though?

There's no way his cost is ever going to be justifiable for both the White Sox and Alex Rodriguez. I would bet anything on it.

As Dick Allen points out, if they can void his contract, there are serious infractions and a lot of dirt is about to come out. He's still going to be out until the end of the year. And ARod has probably made around $400 million with endorsements and his contract through his career...I doubt he's going to take an extreme longshot of hitting 114 homers in 4 and a half seasons to try and break a record when his reputation is already tarnished and play for what essentially amounts to nothing for him (because $5 million is even chump change to him anymore). On top of that, the White Sox would have to assume a risk too as well as outbid other teams for his service too.

I'd bet, due to his cost and baggage, he would be one of the worst plans.

My opinion of course.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 06:38 PM)
There's no way his cost is ever going to be justifiable for both the White Sox and Alex Rodriguez. I would bet anything on it.

As Dick Allen points out, if they can void his contract, there are serious infractions and a lot of dirt is about to come out. He's still going to be out until the end of the year. And ARod has probably made around $400 million with endorsements and his contract through his career...I doubt he's going to take an extreme longshot of hitting 114 homers in 4 and a half seasons to try and break a record when his reputation is already tarnished and play for what essentially amounts to nothing for him (because $5 million is even chump change to him anymore). On top of that, the White Sox would have to assume a risk too as well as outbid other teams for his service too.

I'd bet, due to his cost and baggage, he would be one of the worst plans.

My opinion of course.

The Sox love baggage because it drives a player's price down. Given the need at the time and under a 1-year deal I think the Sox would consider it.