2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DA Bears ..........................ready to see the best player available picked at 20 now ..............LOVE IT!

Bears agreed to terms on a five-year contract with LT Jermon Bushrod, formerly of the Saints.

The Bears were on a mission to upgrade Jay Cutler's protection, and they've done so slightly. Although Bushrod is regarded as a top-tier left tackle because he's kept Drew Brees upright, he actually graded out similarly to J'Marcus Webb last season. Cutler doesn't get the ball out nearly as quickly as Brees. Still, the Bears certainly know what they're getting as offensive line coach Aaron Kromer worked with Bushrod in New Orleans. At the very least, they've added depth to a thin unit. Webb may kick to right tackle, with Gabe Carimi at guard.

Per Rotoworld

Edited by Soxfest

Very inconsistent yes, but was very good in 2011. And regardless of what PFF says he's night and day better than Webb, Webb forced the Bears to consistently chip/leave a TE in/run 2 man routes/etc...

Kromer has had loads of success as OL coach in NO I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here as long as the price tag isn't outrageous.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 04:15 PM)
Very inconsistent yes, but was very good in 2011. And regardless of what PFF says he's night and day better than Webb, Webb forced the Bears to consistently chip/leave a TE in/run 2 man routes/etc...

Kromer has had loads of success as OL coach in NO I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here as long as the price tag isn't outrageous.

WEbb isn't bad, he isn't great. What this does is allow Webb to go over to RT and as a result we have a RT and LT that are upgrades over the prior year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 06:16 PM)
WEbb isn't bad, he isn't great. What this does is allow Webb to go over to RT and as a result we have a RT and LT that are upgrades over the prior year.

Absolutely. And even more important we can have Webb & Carimi COMPETING at RT, because J'Marcus Webb needs a fire under his ass, self-motivation is not his forte.

EDIT: and hopefully Webb proves to be a solid RT and Carimi could maybe play RG?

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 06:15 PM)

We almost never have adjusted our offense to help our tackles.

This. I suppose we are already better off because Carimi is out of the lineup. Though it can be argued that Carimi's play was very adversely affected by his helth -- then again, who is to say he can be healthy?

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 04:16 PM)
Absolutely. And even more important we can have Webb & Carimi COMPETING at RT, because J'Marcus Webb needs a fire under his ass, self-motivation is not his forte.

EDIT: and hopefully Webb proves to be a solid RT and Carimi could maybe play RG?

I want the Bears to draft Cooper @ 20, although who knows if he's around.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 06:18 PM)
I want the Bears to draft Cooper @ 20, although who knows if he's around.

That would be f***ing great. With the Titans landing Levitre that's one of the first round suitors for a guard off the board, so maybe. Guards can always slide in the draft

Edited by WHarris1

Would sure be a buzzkill to get a G in the 1st round, but I won't be able to do too much b****ing.

This Bushrod deal is all about $. At a fair price, it makes perfect sense for us. If we paid him like a top tier LT, I think it's terrible. I'd love to see us materialize some more cap room and pursue another FA game changer.

EDIT: Deal will average 7M over 5 years, 17 guaranteed. Mehhhh

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 07:23 PM)
Would sure be a buzzkill to get a G in the 1st round, but I won't be able to do too much b****ing.

I wouldn't complain about that at all, nor would I call it a buzzkill. That's the Bears biggest obvious offensive need right now. The only other position where they need a guy who can start is LB.

Webb and Carimi will fight it out at RT this summer..................loser moves inside to guard.

I always felt Webb would do really well at guard he is so damn big and it was the speed guys that killed him most seemingly. That being said I think Carimi actually looked good at guard for a change last season too so whichever gets moved there I'll be happy with and hopefully Louis can come back at full strength.

I feel like the only option for Bears is Guard or Linebacker now in the first round unless someone happens to drop that they can't pass on.