2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 03:28 PM)
Stephen Jackson signs with ATL.

Some talk of him going to the Packers yesterday. Kinda glad that didn't happen.

I don't like teams spending money on 30 year running back.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 05:47 PM)
did he sign for a lot less than Turner was signed for?

Turner had an $8 million cap hit this year, and it apparently saved them about $5.5. million to cut him. I don't know what Jackson's deal with them is.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 03:32 PM)
Some talk of him going to the Packers yesterday. Kinda glad that didn't happen.

I don't like teams spending money on 30 year running back.

As a Bears fan, I'm kinda glad it didn't happen too. He has a lot of mileage, but he still has a very good year or two left in him. Kind of wasted his career in STL.

You know you have no life when you watch every Jermon Bushrod play vs San Fran and then also watch the first half of every J'Marcus Webb play vs SF in the same day.....

Bushrod got double team, not chips, help From Nicks or Stithcomb on nearly half of the Saints passing plays. Webb got no such help at all in the first half.

I won't say I think Webb is better (because I'm already burnt out on that argument over on talkbears) but Bushrod was put in a MUCH better situation to succeed in Nola while Webb was set up for failure.

All I can say is I'm glad Kromer is coming with him and they will presumably continue to do much of the same. I think Bushrod would look awful in the Bears offense of previous years.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 11:14 PM)
As a Bears fan, I'm kinda glad it didn't happen too. He has a lot of mileage, but he still has a very good year or two left in him. Kind of wasted his career in STL.

I think Jackson is still a solid player, but I don't think he is worth that much money. The Packers could take a running back in the draft and that player could be just as good or if not better.

I'm not big on taking RB in the first round, but I would love to see Eddie Lacy on the Packers.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 11:43 PM)
You know you have no life when you watch every Jermon Bushrod play vs San Fran and then also watch the first half of every J'Marcus Webb play vs SF in the same day.....

Bushrod got double team, not chips, help From Nicks or Stithcomb on nearly half of the Saints passing plays. Webb got no such help at all in the first half.

I won't say I think Webb is better (because I'm already burnt out on that argument over on talkbears) but Bushrod was put in a MUCH better situation to succeed in Nola while Webb was set up for failure.

All I can say is I'm glad Kromer is coming with him and they will presumably continue to do much of the same. I think Bushrod would look awful in the Bears offense of previous years.

We aren't going to see what we saw last year.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 04:43 AM)

I imagine Balta will give you a big bearhug for this.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 06:33 PM)
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Vikings are giving Greg Jennings a five-year deal.

Saw this coming...If they can hit on their 2 1st rounders they could once again have the edge on the Bears.

It's gonna suck to see Jennings in purple. Oh well.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 07:02 PM)
Not a big loss.

I disagree, I thought he played really well at MLB and could have taken over there for the next 5 years. A lot of people have wanted the Bears to draft Urlachers heir apparent to be groomed next to Brian...Isn't that what Roach has done?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 07:36 PM)
Roach is just a guy, nothing to get worked up over. Certainly not someone to think of as Urlachers replacement

For what its worth when he took over last year he was on a pace for 114 tackles over a full season vs the 90 Urlacher was on pace for.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 07:55 PM)
For what its worth when he took over last year he was on a pace for 114 tackles over a full season vs the 90 Urlacher was on pace for.

In Lovies defense the MLB makes a lot of tackles, it is what it is. He was a decent player but just a guy. It's kind of sad that you are comparing his production to a one legged Urlacher as if that is a good thing.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 07:25 PM)
I disagree, I thought he played really well at MLB and could have taken over there for the next 5 years. A lot of people have wanted the Bears to draft Urlachers heir apparent to be groomed next to Brian...Isn't that what Roach has done?

Nobody is going to watch a Bear game next year and say we would of won If we had kept Nick Roach.

Edited by Soxfest

For those who care about PFF, Roach wasn't looked upon fondly by them -- on the other hand, Urlacher last year was rated HORRIBLY. Might have been the worst rated player on the defense IIRC. Roach was closer to a neutral impact.