2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
V39KYq2.jpg

That is one sexy piece of man meat.

That would be awesome if he really put that cigarette behind his ear. He has spoofed Smoking Jay Cutler a few times

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 05:16 PM)
You guys are going to have your minds blown here - but Earl Bennett is injured!!!

I don't believe it!

Seriously, cut this loser.

Yeah, if you cut him, that'll teach him the lesson not to have a concussion. Or at least to toughen up and not report the symptoms.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)
Yeah, if you cut him, that'll teach him the lesson not to have a concussion. Or at least to toughen up and not report the symptoms.

Ok master of the universe. I don't want to teach anyone a lesson, and I don't want to Dan Bernstein this into a discussion about concussions and meatheads. Earl Bennett was drafted in 2008, red shirted his rookie year, and has been unable to stay on the field for one season. Once he comes back from the concussion, something else will knock him out.

He's a turd who must be flushed along with your holier than thou posting style.

:-P

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 04:46 PM)
Ok master of the universe. I don't want to teach anyone a lesson, and I don't want to Dan Bernstein this into a discussion about concussions and meatheads. Earl Bennett was drafted in 2008, red shirted his rookie year, and has been unable to stay on the field for one season. Once he comes back from the concussion, something else will knock him out.

That's a turd that just won't flush.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 05:46 PM)

First of all, his stats in 2009 list him as playing 16 games, so you're missing a caveat.

In the remaining seasons on his list, I see 14, 11, and 12 games. We're not talking about a guy playing only 2 games a year here.

If you're flushing guys who have played double-digit games in every year of their career becuase they're too injury-prone, I think a lot of teams will be happy to rummage through your waste.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 04:58 PM)
First of all, his stats in 2009 list him as playing 16 games, so you're missing a caveat.

In the remaining seasons on his list, I see 14, 11, and 12 games. We're not talking about a guy playing only 2 games a year here.

If you're flushing guys who have played double-digit games in every year of their career becuase they're too injury-prone, I think a lot of teams will be happy to rummage through your waste.

Any actual Bears fan doesn't need to go look at the listed "games played" to know whether Bennett's been anywhere close to reliable the past 4 seasons.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)

Yea, probably the only receiver on this team who actually has the balls to catch the football in the middle of the field and won't get alligator arms. (Marshall gets a pass, cause well.. no explanation needed) No beef with Cutler's college buddy at all.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 04:36 PM)
Any actual Bears fan doesn't need to go look at the listed "games played" to know whether Bennett's been anywhere close to reliable the past 4 seasons.

He's had his injuries but most NFL guys do and miss some time. He's been our most reliable wide-out (other then Bmarsh last year) and actually runs good routes and catches the ball. I'm not going to get worked up over a training camp injury, especially something like a concussion and when you look at his injuries, in most instances, they were on pretty brutal hits.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 06:36 PM)

He had been the Bears most reliable receiver before Marshall came to town. However, such a distinction is equal to being the White Sox best defensive player in 2013.

NFL Cracking Down On Celebrations Again

Obviously because football is too fun.

"As first noted by Pro Football Talk, reports out of multiple camps have officials warning players that they intend to more strictly enforce the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties already on the books. That includes:

sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; spinning the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation); or dancing."

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 08:25 AM)

"As first noted by Pro Football Talk, reports out of multiple camps have officials warning players that they intend to more strictly enforce the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties already on the books. That includes:

sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; spinning the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation); or dancing."

standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation)

Totally justifiable

sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; spinning the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; or dancing

Totally f***ing stupid

Why do people lose all semblance of critical evaluation skills when it comes to the Bears. Everyone turns into a Cubs-fan homer. Earl Bennett's best season came 4 years ago when he put up a whopping 700 some yards. He never stays healthy - every time he comes back and plays a game, he's out by the end of the 1st quarter. OK, so he'll go over the middle? Big whoop, his body can't handle it.

Wow, what a f***ing stud. How dare I suggest cutting an unreliable player who puts up such massive yardage totals every year.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)

Yeah, now let's see if they get serious about how many of their players are doing "Adderall"

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 10:18 AM)
Why do people lose all semblance of critical evaluation skills when it comes to the Bears. Everyone turns into a Cubs-fan homer. Earl Bennett's best season came 4 years ago when he put up a whopping 700 some yards. He never stays healthy - every time he comes back and plays a game, he's out by the end of the 1st quarter. OK, so he'll go over the middle? Big whoop, his body can't handle it.

Wow, what a f***ing stud. How dare I suggest cutting an unreliable player who puts up such massive yardage totals every year.

He's a slot receiver, his production is decent for a #3 considering he's never been in a system where there's 4600 yards of offense to go around. That's when he plays of course, as soon as he got the new deal he gets hurt every other week.

There is not much to be gained in cutting him this year, though, at this point in the (off)season.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 01:49 PM)
Sucks that Bulaga is missing the year, but it's not the end of the world.

Packers are 22-6 and average 27.6 points per game with Newhouse at LT.

PFF has Bulaga and Newhouse ranked nearly the same. Don't put too much weight into those though since they also have Bushrod and Webb being similar players in 2012.