2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 16, 2013 -> 04:45 PM)
I think it has to do with age more than coordinator. Three of the stars on defense are now 32 and older.

One of the 32 year olds is coming off the best year of his career and the other two played well last year too. They kept Melton, replaced an aging urlacher, and young DL like McClellan, Paea, and Wootton have another year under their belt. Age would have been pretty foolish too.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 10:24 PM)
It is about $600k more than he should be making.

I catch a whole lot of crap over on talkbears for this but I feel the Webb hate is overblown. I know the demotion and the pay cut don't really help my case but the guy didn't give up a sack in 8 of the last 9 games last year. That gets lost because the one game he did give up sacks was the Aldon Smith game that he got pwned in.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 10:31 PM)
I catch a whole lot of crap over on talkbears for this but I feel the Webb hate is overblown. I know the demotion and the pay cut don't really help my case but the guy didn't give up a sack in 8 of the last 9 games last year. That gets lost because the one game he did give up sacks was the Aldon Smith game that he got pwned in.

He actually was the best lineman last year since Lance Louis was injured, but that doesn't mean much given the crap we put out there and he still just isn't good enough to trust at the tackle position.

I don't feel like people in the locker room dislike him, I feel like they think he has the drive to win. You never see the nasty streak in Webb. It is obvious in Long, Lance Louis used to scrap on every play. Webb just seems like he is just there.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 10:31 PM)

I agree, plus he was a seventh round pick that was a project of Tice. He was no Pro Bowler, but for what the bears put into him, they more than get their moneys worth. No reason to destroy the guy. The hate should be towards the old front office that couldn't find a better player to fit at LT.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 09:08 AM)
I agree, plus he was a seventh round pick that was a project of Tice. He was no Pro Bowler, but for what the bears put into him, they more than get their moneys worth. No reason to destroy the guy. The hate should be towards the old front office that couldn't find a better player to fit at LT.

There has been plenty of that over the years.

Seems like a solid guy. #teamwebb

I'm just pleased that I finally notice Bears rookies playing well in preseason. I've always just had to convince myself that they will develop at their own pace.

I remember Urlacher in one of his first preseason games knocking out a QB. It was illegal, and terrible, but it was begging to be noticed.

So the starting OL now is:

LT- Bushrod

LG- Slauson

C- Garza

RG- Long

RT- Mills

Aside from Garza, who is probably the worst C (if not offensive lineman) starting for any NFL team right now, that's a complete turnover at 4 positions. I cant put into words how idiotic it is to keep Roberto Garza around but at least they have the right idea. Would've rather seen Webb cut but they're not paying him anything now so whatever.

Somebody has to tell the two rookies on the right side who to block

Does that somebody have to be an individual who has no idea who he himself is supposed to block and even if he did know he's woefully incapable of doing it? There has to be another way.

That must suck to go from college star, NFL starter and multi-millionaire to low level drug dealer.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/b...,0,479646.story

David Terrell, a former first-round draft pick of the Chicago Bears, is accused of hitting two police officers as he was being arrested on drug charges Friday on the South Side, authorities said.

Police say the officers were responding to a call of people smoking marijuana around 1:30 p.m. Friday when they found Terrell and two others in an apartment in the 3900 block of South Calumet Avenue in the Bronzeville neighborhood.

"In plain view were multiple items including cannabis and equipment to package it and other such narcotics. That included heat-sealing machines and baggies typically used to package, sell and use narcotics," said Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer John Mirabelli.

"As officers were conducting an interview, Terrell struck an officer's hand by reaching over the top of the door and hitting the officer, injuring him," Mirabelli said. Terrell is 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 220 pounds, according to court records.

As he was being placed into custody, Terrell tried to "defeat" the arrest and "in doing so, he caused injury to the hand of a second police officer," Mirabelli said.

Terrell, 35, was charged with manufacture and delivery of cannabis, a felony, and misdemeanor battery, Mirabelli said. The other two people were also arrested. Bail was set at $20,000 for Terrell on Saturday.

Terrell was drafted by the Bears in the first round of the 2001 NFL Draft, arriving from the University of Michigan. He played four seasons with the Bears and one game with the Denver Broncos in 2005, finishing his career with 128 receptions and 9 touchdowns.

Terrell was charged with domestic battery in April of 2012. Police said he grabbed his girlfriend at his 33rd-floor apartment in the 1700 block of South Michigan Avenue during an argument. "I'll throw you off the balcony and say you jumped," he allegedly threatened.

The woman, who was 25 at the time, suffered injuries to her upper arms, chest and neck, authorities said. An order of protection was issued but the domestic battery charge was dismissed in October after the witness did not appear in court, records show.