2013-2014 NFL Thread

There are certainly a lot of parallels b/w Chiefs and 49ers. Chiefs stayed impossibly bad considering amount of talent on roster, much like 49ers. All it takes is an offense that can create more TOP and let that defense play more risky.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 10:09 AM)
There are certainly a lot of parallels b/w Chiefs and 49ers. Chiefs stayed impossibly bad considering amount of talent on roster, much like 49ers. All it takes is an offense that can create more TOP and let that defense play more risky.

Alex Smith!!!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 10:02 AM)
The Chiefs defense is legit. Justin Houston is going to be in the running for DPotY at the end of the year.

They sure are vindicating me picking them as my "sleeper" defense this year. So far, so good... And yeah, Houston had himself a hell of a game last night.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 09:57 AM)
During Barry Sanders’ 10-year career, he averaged 4.98 yards per carry, scored a rushing touchdown every 0.64 games and averaged 2.30 receptions per game. Through LeSean McCoy’s four-plus seasons, he’s averaged 4.75 yards per carry, scored a rushing touchdown every 0.52 games and averaged 3.70 receptions per game.

How many carries has McCoy gotten per game?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 02:57 PM)
During Barry Sanders’ 10-year career, he averaged 4.98 yards per carry, scored a rushing touchdown every 0.64 games and averaged 2.30 receptions per game. Through LeSean McCoy’s four-plus seasons, he’s averaged 4.75 yards per carry, scored a rushing touchdown every 0.52 games and averaged 3.70 receptions per game.

I'm not sure I find this that interesting. The thing that separates the great RBs from the good ones is consistency and longevity.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 06:53 AM)
It was fairly obvious watching the game last night which team had an NFL coach that has 10+ years of experience and which had a rookie head coach with a very explosive system.

I think it goes to show you how much parity there is in professional sports and how the smallest things can cause ripples, either negative or positive, that manifest themselves in major ways over the course of a season. I think it also shows us all how important depth can be, and how adding a few solid players into important roles can cascade down throughout a lineup or roster. It seems like rarely is a team as good as it looks or as bad as it looks.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 02:40 PM)
Alex Smith's risk-free game is boring, but it's effective. His teams have won a lot of games the past 3 years with that.

Remember last year when I told you the Chiefs were pretty close to being good? ;)

In other news, the line on the Texans/Ravens game went from about Texans -1 to Baltimore -1.5 or -2. At virtually every book at virtually the same time. The Pros must have hit it hard. Always find stuff like that interesting.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 02:25 PM)
Call me a meathead but Sunday day games without a Bears football game bores me to death.

Disagreed. Always nice to see divisional opponents struggle, a loss for both would be fantastic. (I of course am talking about the fact that both the Vikes and Pack are on TV here)

How bout them Browns!

Edited by scs787