2013-2014 NFL Thread

I think it is undeniable that this defense would be better if Lovie Smith was coordinating. Might not be any good, but even the players have thought that Tucker hasn't maximized his players.

Today, the pass rush was much better and we got a lot of penetration on runs. Linebackers aren't great and secondary is really bad. With Briggs and Tillman out at the end, it is no surprise that we lost. That whole drive was helped by a bad officiating call though. Couple big imaginary penalties in this one.

McCown is a solid dude. I hope Jay can make it back, though. I think we should be in pretty good shape coming out of the bye so long as Jay isn't out. Get this D healthy!

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 20, 2013 -> 03:39 PM)
I think it is undeniable that this defense would be better if Lovie Smith was coordinating. Might not be any good, but even the players have thought that Tucker hasn't maximized his players.

Today, the pass rush was much better and we got a lot of penetration on runs. Linebackers aren't great and secondary is really bad. With Briggs and Tillman out at the end, it is no surprise that we lost. That whole drive was helped by a bad officiating call though. Couple big imaginary penalties in this one.

McCown is a solid dude. I hope Jay can make it back, though. I think we should be in pretty good shape coming out of the bye so long as Jay isn't out. Get this D healthy!

Nice analysis. Check that offer. :-P

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 20, 2013 -> 12:43 PM)
Chris Conte is an absolutely horrendous football player.

He was solid last year but along with the lack of pass rush, he is the biggest reason this team has given up so many big plays in the secondary. He has been absolutely horrendous. Probably the worse safety in the league.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 20, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)

The miscall on the holding penalty on the 3rd down was brutal. Bears gave up a ton of yards with some key guys on D down but despite all that, somehow they looked better as a whole. Still, absolutely pathetic performance by the defense.

Bears agreed to terms with QB Jordan Palmer.

Carson's younger, wilder brother was with the Bears in training camp. Chicago is signing him up to back up Josh McCown with Jay Cutler (groin) potentially staring at an extended absence. Cutler will have an MRI on Monday.

Per rotoworld

That was fast

I’m no doctor, but I know what a hemorrhoid looks like.”

- Shannon Sharpe, on Jay Cutler’s injury during the halftime show.

Edited by Soxfest

If you want to think of this season as almost lost regardless of a Cutler injury due to the defense, then maybe a Cutler injury would be a blessing in disguise as it should really drive his price down.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 20, 2013 -> 05:56 PM)
If you want to think of this season as almost lost regardless of a Cutler injury due to the defense, then maybe a Cutler injury would be a blessing in disguise as it should really drive his price down.

I hope the MRI shows that it isn't near as bad as people think.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 20, 2013 -> 05:56 PM)

It won't, because someone else will give him the money if we won't.

Pretty brutal day for injuries yesterday. Sam Bradford done for the year(acl), Brian Cushing done for the year(broken leg, LCL), Cutler(groin), Jermichael Finley(head), Reggie Wayne(leg/knee), Briggs(shoulder).

I'm sure there are more

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 07:15 AM)
Pretty brutal day for injuries yesterday. Sam Bradford done for the year(acl), Brian Cushing done for the year(broken leg, LCL), Cutler(groin), Jermichael Finley(head), Reggie Wayne(leg/knee), Briggs(shoulder).

I'm sure there are more

Finley is still in the hospital. Scary injury.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 08:19 AM)
Is it neck? Concussion? I had my parents over yesterday so I didnt really get a good look at the replay

Neck injury. It sounds like he couldn't move for a few minutes.

Every report this morning seems to be good.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 08:21 AM)
Chiefs now 7-0! :D

Wonder what kind of odds you could have gotten on them to be the last undefeated team at the start of the season?

Next two games home vs Cleveland and @ Buffalo. Could very well be 9-0 going into their bye week before playing Denver in weeks 11 and 13

Weeden blows, but the Browns are tough otherwise. The Bills also haven't had a game this year where they didn't have a chance to win late. Those are two very, very tough games coming up for them still.

It's crazy to think that the Chiefs are still undefeated, because I don'tt hink I've ever seen the NFL with so much parody. With the exception of the Jags, it really does feel like anyone can beat anyone right now on any given day.