2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 01:18 AM)
You forgot the good major, did not hear his name once. That major is Major Wright. He and Conte are god awful as is Bush. The rest of the defense is doing what they can but those asswipes were being counted and they both suck.

He surprising leads the team in tackles for the season, 5th most amongst safeties.

Certainly not saying he's the 5th best safety in the league but he hasn't been THAT bad.

I think you give him another year, but FS for sure has to be upgraded. If I'm the Bears, depending on whether they bring back Melton/Collins, I'm taking the best secondary player available in the first. If that's a CB then I'm moving Tillman to FS.

Jake, or any other PFF subscriber, I'm curious what they have to say about Major?

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 08:32 AM)
He surprising leads the team in tackles for the season, 5th most amongst safeties.

Certainly not saying he's the 5th best safety in the league but he hasn't been THAT bad.

I think you give him another year, but FS for sure has to be upgraded. If I'm the Bears, depending on whether they bring back Melton/Collins, I'm taking the best secondary player available in the first. If that's a CB then I'm moving Tillman to FS.

Jake, or any other PFF subscriber, I'm curious what they have to say about Major?

He has the worst score of any safety in football.

He has been thrown at 23 times and has given up 19 receptions. QBs have a rating of 140.2 when they throw at him and average 19.7 yards per completion. He has the second most missed tackles at 13.

He's terrible.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:38 AM)
He has the worst score of any safety in football.

He has been thrown at 23 times and has given up 19 receptions. QBs have a rating of 140.2 when they throw at him and average 19.7 yards per completion. He has the second most missed tackles at 13.

He's terrible.

Ha, that's what i get for looking at tackles as a measuring stick.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 24, 2013 -> 11:18 PM)
You forgot the good major, did not hear his name once. That major is Major Wright. He and Conte are god awful as is Bush. The rest of the defense is doing what they can but those asswipes were being counted and they both suck.

I can't blame Major Wright and Conte for being exposed so much in the running game. I'm not sure there are any safeties in football that can go one on one with NFL caliber running backs and look good. Their coverage sucks, so bash them on that, that's fine. But the running portion of that isn't totally their fault. They need guys up front and in the middle to help and they don't. They're getting blown by all the time.

OK, I know we've done some rules trivia for baseball before, but here's one for football:

Team A leads Team B 28-27 with :05 left in the 4th quarter. Team A has 4th and 8 from its own 16 yard line. Team A punts the ball. Team B has a returner who signals for a fair catch at his own 39 yard line as the clock expires. Team B, in an attempt to prevent an untimed fair catch free kick, deliberately interferes with Team A's returner and prevents him from making the catch. What should the officials do?

A) A fair catch interference penalty of 15 yards is enforced on Team A, but since time is expired the game is over.

B) A fair catch interference penalty of 15 yards is enforced on Team A. Once a ball is kicked the kicking team assumes the role of defense, the penalty occurred after the kick, and the game cannot end on a defensive penalty. Therefore Team B will be allowed one untimed down from the Team A 46 yard line, but they will not have the option of a fair catch free kick.

C) A fair catch interference penalty of 15 yards is enforced on Team A. Once a ball is kicked the kicking team assumes the role of defense, the penalty occurred after the kick, and the game cannot end on a defensive penalty. Therefore Team B will be allowed the option of a fair catch free kick from the Team A 46 yard line, but they will not have the option of one untimed down.

D) A fair catch interference penalty of 15 yards is enforced on Team A. Once a ball is kicked the kicking team assumes the role of defense, the penalty occurred after the kick, and the game cannot end on a defensive penalty. Therefore Team B will be allowed their choice of a fair catch free kick from the Team A 46 yard line OR one untimed down from the same spot.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)
OK, I know we've done some rules trivia for baseball before, but here's one for football:

Team A leads Team B 28-27 with :05 left in the 4th quarter. Team A has 4th and 8 from its own 16 yard line. Team A punts the ball. Team B has a returner who signals for a fair catch at his own 39 yard line as the clock expires. Team B, in an attempt to prevent an untimed fair catch free kick, deliberately interferes with Team A's returner and prevents him from making the catch. What should the officials do?

A) A fair catch interference penalty of 15 yards is enforced on Team A, but since time is expired the game is over.

B) A fair catch interference penalty of 15 yards is enforced on Team A. Once a ball is kicked the kicking team assumes the role of defense, the penalty occurred after the kick, and the game cannot end on a defensive penalty. Therefore Team B will be allowed one untimed down from the Team A 46 yard line, but they will not have the option of a fair catch free kick.

C) A fair catch interference penalty of 15 yards is enforced on Team A. Once a ball is kicked the kicking team assumes the role of defense, the penalty occurred after the kick, and the game cannot end on a defensive penalty. Therefore Team B will be allowed the option of a fair catch free kick from the Team A 46 yard line, but they will not have the option of one untimed down.

D) A fair catch interference penalty of 15 yards is enforced on Team A. Once a ball is kicked the kicking team assumes the role of defense, the penalty occurred after the kick, and the game cannot end on a defensive penalty. Therefore Team B will be allowed their choice of a fair catch free kick from the Team A 46 yard line OR one untimed down from the same spot.

I'm gonna say B

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 01:43 PM)
So there are reports coming out that Cutler may be done for the season with a torn tendon in his ankle. Awesome.

I don't know how long he can keep it up, but losing Cutler hasn't cost the Bears a game, and with that defense, they aren't winning in the playoffs anyway.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)

D