2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 08:13 PM)
He will still have even bigger run potential however. Lacy was averaging way more YPC when Rodgers was in. He's getting in the end zone more nowadays cause they have to run the ball more with Aaron out.

We could stack all 11 in the box against and not stop the run. Simply increasing his attempts will undoubtedly produce more yards from scrimmage than any defensive considerations we might have.

People here are saying fire Tucker, like the great Marinelli is doing so "amazing" with the Cowboys defense. Emery needs to draft DLs that can actually rush the QB (half of the problem right there) and a few other things regarding this defense.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:17 PM)
People here are saying fire Tucker, like the great Marinelli is doing so "amazing" with the Cowboys defense. Emery needs to draft DLs that can actually rush the QB (half of the problem right there) and a few other things regarding this defense.

Marinelli isn't calling the shots in Dallas.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:17 PM)

Tucker's resume nothing to write home about average a best..........he is not a keeper.

The defense is bad. Really bad. Maybe Mel Tucker should be fired. I'll let our Scout-in-Chief Emery decide whether Tucker deserves to get another year with different personnel. They lost us today's game.

What we need to figure out is whether Jay Cutler is worth our investment. Not whether he is worth the franchise tag or a long-term deal. Is he worth any deal? Are we better off rolling with a mixture of McCown/rookie/cheap FA project for the long-term future or Jay Cutler? These are the choices. We have a great offensive core locked up for a few more years. Best WR tandem in the NFL. A top-5 RB. A very good TE. An OL with real potential. If you sign Cutler, you're saying that core lives and dies with him. Are you comfortable with that?

These are the questions we have to sort out. Jay is not showing me he's worth the time. McCown may or may not outplay Cutler next year, but the monetary investment will be relatively small and you'll be free to open the door to the next guy if it isn't panning out/you have the next guy ready.

I've been a huge Jay fan. I've been the guy DA is mocking in this thread. I don't think I believe in [the boy from] Santa Claus anymore.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:16 PM)
We could stack all 11 in the box against and not stop the run. Simply increasing his attempts will undoubtedly produce more yards from scrimmage than any defensive considerations we might have.

What I'm saying is Lacy's YPC was greater with Rodgers in the lineup in either case. Obviously with him back he might/will get less carries, but thats probably a good thing for GB as he'll be fresh for the playoffs if they win. I can see him easily getting 15-20 carries for 150+ instead of the 28-30 for 170+ he was getting after the Rodgers injury. Maybe add in a few more yards regarding the Bears D or maybe GB takes things slow with Rodgers working his way back leading to more carries anyway.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:19 PM)
The defense is bad. Really bad. Maybe Mel Tucker should be fired. I'll let our Scout-in-Chief Emery decide whether Tucker deserves to get another year with different personnel. They lost us today's game.

What we need to figure out is whether Jay Cutler is worth our investment. Not whether he is worth the franchise tag or a long-term deal. Is he worth any deal? Are we better off rolling with a mixture of McCown/rookie/cheap FA project for the long-term future or Jay Cutler? These are the choices. We have a great offensive core locked up for a few more years. Best WR tandem in the NFL. A top-5 RB. A very good TE. An OL with real potential. If you sign Cutler, you're saying that core lives and dies with him. Are you comfortable with that?

These are the questions we have to sort out. Jay is not showing me he's worth the time. McCown may or may not outplay Cutler next year, but the monetary investment will be relatively small and you'll be free to open the door to the next guy if it isn't panning out/you have the next guy ready.

I've been a huge Jay fan. I've been the guy DA is mocking in this thread. I don't think I believe in [the boy from] Santa Claus anymore.

I've defended Cutler for the past 4 years against irrational Bears fans. While their complaints were irrational, I'm not going to bother anymore.

Cutler's had everything handed to him this year and he's still not an elite level QB. Meanwhile, a 34 year old journeyman outplayed him.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:19 PM)

IMO, I can't see Cutler leaving.

You could say that we had no chance to win with this defensive play and you'd be right.

But you also have to concede that there is no good reason to believe that our offense looked like a group that could lead us to a win either.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:30 PM)
Getting Briggs back made us all optimistic but he looked like as bad of a player as any other on the defense.

I don't think I saw him make a single tackle. Just him getting owned by linemen left and right.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:21 PM)
I've defended Cutler for the past 4 years against irrational Bears fans. While their complaints were irrational, I'm not going to bother anymore.

Cutler's had everything handed to him this year and he's still not an elite level QB. Meanwhile, a 34 year old journeyman outplayed him.

Even though you called many Cutler bashers emotional posters and I hate to say I told you so... but I told you so

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:31 PM)
Even though you called many Cutler bashers emotional posters and I hate to say I told you so... but I told you so

I think it was quite evident that Cutler was the team's best option in previous years.

However, all of that changed this year with Trestman, his offensive system, and McCown's play.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 08:22 PM)
IMO, I can't see Cutler leaving.

Cutlers bears career will be decided next week. Play well and get in the playoffs and you stick around. Play poorly against green bay and I let him walk. I won't overreact based upon today. This game was lost for a lot of reasons and cutler wasn't one of them.