2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 04:15 PM)
Bucs win today if Josh Freeman starts.

Maybe true but the Bucs really would've lost more by winning. They would have actually won if moron Schiano would have played smart. He never trusted Freeman to throw for a first down to ice a game in 19 games but he's trusting a rookie who is 55 minutes into his career to throw the ball for a first down at his own 10 yard line? He is a brain dead idiot.

I know they wont go 0-16 because they are just good enough to win 4 games but the more losses like this the better. A decent coach would have this team 3-1. Schiano needs to go.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 09:03 PM)
I think Cleveland is moreso like last years Chiefs. Yes they have won 2 in a row but I dont see them winning more than 5-6 games but a lot of talent on that team.

The biggest difference for the Chiefs is Andy Reid of course. The attitude he's brought to Kansas City has been better than expected. What a difference a new quarterback makes too. Wow. Part of the KC's problem last year was their offensive coordinator Brian Daboll. The guy seriously looked lost and probably should have been coaching a high school team with his offensive playbook. And Romeo Crenell is a great defensive coordinator, but he just doesn't cut it as a head coach unfortunately.

I'm one of the biggest Chiefs fans on this board so to me it's amazing in the turnaround. But I also know they've had an easier schedule then most teams. After their week 10 bye week, it'll get interesting. They play Denver twice, San Diego twice, Indianapolis, and Washington...maybe by then Washington will have turned it around.......and Oakland.

Going into the year I was hoping KC would be 6-3 going into the bye week in order to have a shot at the playoffs. Now I'd love to see them at 7-2. Tennessee, Oakland, Houston, Cleveland, and Buffalo.

This is kind of a scheduling anomaly in regards to playing Buffalo for the 7th year in a row I think. Buffalo is 5-1 in the pats 6 years, haha.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)
Broncos will shatter points record and positive points differential this season, from the looks of it.

Jags may shatter negative points differential as well.

Out of the top 4 teams in point differential currently.

1. Denver

2. Seattle

3. Kansas City

4. Indianapolis

Teams 2-4 have played Jacksonville. Coincidence? I think not!

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 09:44 PM)
The biggest difference for the Chiefs is Andy Reid of course. The attitude he's brought to Kansas City has been better than expected. What a difference a new quarterback makes too. Wow. Part of the KC's problem last year was their offensive coordinator Brian Daboll. The guy seriously looked lost and probably should have been coaching a high school team with his offensive playbook. And Romeo Crenell is a great defensive coordinator, but he just doesn't cut it as a head coach unfortunately.

I'm one of the biggest Chiefs fans on this board so to me it's amazing in the turnaround. But I also know they've had an easier schedule then most teams. After their week 10 bye week, it'll get interesting. They play Denver twice, San Diego twice, Indianapolis, and Washington...maybe by then Washington will have turned it around.......and Oakland.

Going into the year I was hoping KC would be 6-3 going into the bye week in order to have a shot at the playoffs. Now I'd love to see them at 7-2. Tennessee, Oakland, Houston, Cleveland, and Buffalo.

This is kind of a scheduling anomaly in regards to playing Buffalo for the 7th year in a row I think. Buffalo is 5-1 in the pats 6 years, haha.

The year KC beat Buffalo the Bills went 4-12 and the Chiefs went 11-5, and it still took overtime for KC to win it. The Bills own the Chiefs.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
Out of the top 4 teams in point differential currently.

1. Denver

2. Seattle

3. Kansas City

4. Indianapolis

Teams 2-4 have played Jacksonville. Coincidence? I think not!

And the Broncos play Jacksonville in two weeks.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 10:22 AM)
Thankfully Stafford has missed some open receivers because the Bears defense looks awful. Lions running the ball with ease and have had open receivers on every pass.

Today the offense, defense and special teams looked like s***. Special teams has continously played like ass, defense has been off and on at times...first week the offense looked bad. The bright side is, I expect struggles from time to time, but I'm extremely concerned about the lack of a pass rush. I was patient for a few weeks but now I'm officially starting to get worried. What an ugly 2 minute stretch in that Lions game.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 11:14 AM)
There should be no excuses for Cutler this year, he's just plain out dumb and suck. Let's move on.

Whatever...it was a bad game. Old Jay would have continued to suck vs. getting the two consecutive TD drives. This is a totally different Jay and one bad game isn't going to make me think this is the old Jay. He is so much more mature in post game discussions, etc. s*** happens...move on. Big game next week. I'm more concerned about our defense and especially our special teams.

Can we cut Hester and fire Decam already? f*** I miss Toub.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
The year KC beat Buffalo the Bills went 4-12 and the Chiefs went 11-5, and it still took overtime for KC to win it. The Bills own the Chiefs.

lol exactly, it was almost a tie. I think the field goal was with 5 seconds left in the game. I don't remember exactly what happened, but Buffalo was in field goal range but they screwed it up somehow during overtime.

And who can forget the 1993 season AFC Championship game......haha

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 11:31 AM)
This post is hilarious.

What is sad is thats how stupid the average Bears fan is. Its pathetic how big of meatheads bears fans are. Cutler was bad today but the sky isn't falling because of Jay. This team had shown issues each of the 1st 3 weeks. They have strides to make and they will get better. On the special teams front..I'm less sure (from the perspective of our coverage and Hesters dumbass self).

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 11:53 AM)
Adam Podlesh is so f***ing terrible

I believe he had like the best net punt average in football last year. He had some bad punts but I think a lot of this has to do with the turd we have coaching special teams. This type of poor special teams would have never happened under Toub.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 10:10 PM)
What is sad is thats how stupid the average Bears fan is. Its pathetic how big of meatheads bears fans are. Cutler was bad today but the sky isn't falling because of Jay. This team had shown issues each of the 1st 3 weeks. They have strides to make and they will get better. On the special teams front..I'm less sure (from the perspective of our coverage and Hesters dumbass self).

Jay was pretty much today but yes the Dline to me is a much more pressing concern. If they can't stop the run or apply pass rush it will be a long season and I feel like our blitzes are for the most part easily detectable and are picked up which does no good. I do take a little offense to the stupid comment, you can say that about every fan base about every team, not sure why single out one team because a bad rep from a SNL skit years ago.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 08:18 PM)
Jay was pretty much today but yes the Dline to me is a much more pressing concern. If they can't stop the run or apply pass rush it will be a long season and I feel like our blitzes are for the most part easily detectable and are picked up which does no good. I do take a little offense to the stupid comment, you can say that about every fan base about every team, not sure why single out one team because a bad rep from a SNL skit years ago.

Because I genuinely think Bears fans are the dumbest fan base in the NFL. I fully believe that. You will never see me make that comment about the White Sox fans or Bulls fans. Bears fans are consistently dumb.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 11:10 PM)

Its not Bears fans, its football fans as a whole.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 08:21 PM)
Its not Bears fans, its football fans as a whole.

Probably true. I want to sock this people that have 4 fantasy teams too. I can understand 2 but more then that is absurd (and I'm sure we have some absurd people on here...afterall this is soxtalk...we are all sports fanatics). But I can't stand having more then 1-2 teams. If you do, you are no better then the people who have 6 NCAA brackets and tell you that they picked all the upsets or have so and so in this bracket but in the other bracket I still have em so its okay.

Speaking of fantasy...went into Sunday night with a 30 point lead and Tony Gonzalez just gets a TD that I think is going to put him over me (I think in my league Tony is now going to be at 31). s***. I'm #1 in points (and no one is close) but I've given up 100 more points then the next closest team in my league and will now be 2-2. Uggh.

Note: I moved to 1 fantasy team a year ago and its great. Will not ever switch back.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 10:26 PM)
Probably true. I want to sock this people that have 4 fantasy teams too. I can understand 2 but more then that is absurd (and I'm sure we have some absurd people on here...afterall this is soxtalk...we are all sports fanatics). But I can't stand having more then 1-2 teams. If you do, you are no better then the people who have 6 NCAA brackets and tell you that they picked all the upsets or have so and so in this bracket but in the other bracket I still have em so its okay.

Speaking of fantasy...went into Sunday night with a 30 point lead and Tony Gonzalez just gets a TD that I think is going to put him over me (I think in my league Tony is now going to be at 31). s***. I'm #1 in points (and no one is close) but I've given up 100 more points then the next closest team in my league and will now be 2-2. Uggh.

Note: I moved to 1 fantasy team a year ago and its great. Will not ever switch back.

Nobody cares about your fantasy team Jason (unless you talk about it in the fantasy thread). Just like how nobody cares about my 5 fantasy teams. You mad bro?

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 10:51 PM)
Wow what a finish!

Matt Ryan chokes again.

I like how they never went to Julio Jones even once in the red zone when he was the one who got them there. Instead, they threw to a double covered Tony Gonzalez, Harry freakin' Douglas, and an injured Roddy White. Nice goin'.

Belichick was also a huge dick for challenging that Julio Jones catch. You're up 17 with 6 minutes. Let it go. And then the replay system broke...haha. In the end, it almost bit them in the ass, which would have been hilarious.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 08:28 AM)
It's early, but the Bills look like they had themselves a hell of a draft.

EJ Manuel

Robert Woods

Kiko Alonso

Alonso already has 4 picks.

EJ is still really raw and misplacing a lot of throws, but he's managed the team well thus far and he'll get better too. Woods and Alonso are good. Alonso is such a heady football player - first round talent that fell due to minor character concerns and he's been one of the best players on the defense so far.

Marquise Goodwin, currently on the shelf, was a superfreak returning kicks in the preseason too.

This is also why draft pundits are so dumb. So many people ripped the Manuel pick, but frankly, they wanted a QB, traded down, and got their guy. With QBs, you can't ask for more than that.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 08:28 AM)
It's early, but the Bills look like they had themselves a hell of a draft.

EJ Manuel

Robert Woods

Kiko Alonso

Alonso already has 4 picks.

Imagine how good it could have been if they waited until the 2nd round to pick Manuel.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)
Imagine how good it could have been if they waited until the 2nd round to pick Manuel.

I hope this is a joke. If not, then this argument is terrible - all indications were that Philadelphia was set to pick him with their 2nd round pick, and the Jets, Jaguars, and Browns also had interest in him too. If they don't take EJ with the 1st, then they have to pass on Alonso, and then they have to pass on Woods, and suddenly they end up with none of the guys they wanted.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 08:52 AM)
I hope this is a joke. If not, then this argument is terrible - all indications were that Philadelphia was set to pick him with their 2nd round pick, and the Jets, Jaguars, and Browns also had interest in him too. If they don't take EJ with the 1st, then they have to pass on Alonso, and then they have to pass on Woods, and suddenly they end up with none of the guys they wanted.

Wasting a 1st round pick on a non-franchise QB is never a good move.