2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 09:43 AM)
Granted I have only see bits & pieces of Bills games this year, but yes I am f***ing serious. Manuel will not be the Bills starting QB 5 years from now.

Based on the first 4 games of his career? I think that's ridiculous. He went 18/27 with 2 TDs against a New England defense that has been great thus far, torched a weak secondary against Carolina (they still have a good front 7, and this is what you're supposed to do against weak defenses), struggled against the Jets defense (because a lot of QBs do struggle against the Jets) but still kept the game close and helped get 20 points on the board, and then beat the defending Superbowl champions yesterday in a game in which he played well enough to win.

This is after he missed the last 2 pre season games due to a minor knee surgery.

His numbers through his first 4 games are better than Matthew Stafford's numbers were during his rookie year, and he had some dude named Calvin Johnson he could throw to.

So yeah, I think you're crazy.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 10:02 AM)
So is it still too early to call Shea McClellin a bust by the way? In 17 games he has 20 tackles and 3 sacks. He has proven to be absolutely useless against the run and has no pass rushing skills at all.

I called it horrible from the outset and he's done nothing to prove me an idiot yet. He gives alot of effort, but just doesnt have the physical skills IMO.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 10:03 AM)
I called it horrible from the outset and he's done nothing to prove me an idiot yet. He gives alot of effort, but just doesnt have the physical skills IMO.

I hated that pick from the beginning as well. Good thing Emery was smart enough to take Jeffery (which was a no brainer) because last years draft was terrible otherwise. Thankfully this years draft will at a minimum be solid with Long and Mills and if Bostic or Greene becomes a good linebacker then Emery did really well.

I still think Shea McClellin is a OLB in a 3-4. Where he can be more athletic. Drop into coverage and do that kind of stuff.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Bears trade him in the off season. You just aren't going to get much back for him. 4-5 round pick.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 04:04 PM)
I still think Shea McClellin is a OLB in a 3-4. Where he can be more athletic. Drop into coverage and do that kind of stuff.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Bears trade him in the off season. You just aren't going to get much back for him. 4-5 round pick.

I'd be shocked if we got more than a 6th round pick.

I think you hang on to him. The Colts and Bills swapped Jerry Hughes - former 1st round bust - and Kelvin Sheppard. The Colts wanted and needed a guy who could make tackles in the middle and the Bills needed guys who can create pressure. There's no reason to think the Bears wouldn't be able to do that at some point in the next year or so.

I was always rooting for Blaine Gabbert to put it together but man this is just terrible. Clearly he must be executing in practice for them to keep going back to him. I think he's mentally just shot now. The only way he could pass for 400 yards is if he played the bears d.

I was always worried about him and pressure. He got spooked so easily with the slightest breakdown, and I thought that was the #1 thing to look for out of college. Haven't watched enough to see if that's the case here, but obviously having the Jaguars whiz offensive coaches couldn't have helped.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 08:45 AM)
Sunday's Chargers/Raiders game moved to a 8:35 PM Pacific kickoff time due to the stadium prep after the A's playoff games Friday/Saturday night. That's gonna end at 3 AM on the East Coast.

hopefully the NFL Network picks it up.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 08:45 AM)
Sunday's Chargers/Raiders game moved to a 8:35 PM Pacific kickoff time due to the stadium prep after the A's playoff games Friday/Saturday night. That's gonna end at 3 AM on the East Coast.

For the love of God...Someone build a new stadium(s) in that city.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 07:45 AM)

Good thing it's just a s***ty Chargers/Raiders game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 07:45 AM)

Why does it take ~24 hours to prep the stadium? I get that there is a metric f***ton of work involved, but you'd think with enough staff and paying overtime, they could get that done in about 12 hours and ready to play by 4 PT

Oh yeah...stupid blackout rules.

Edited by witesoxfan

So somebody could watch 14 hours of nearly-continuous football Sunday. I say nearly-continuous because depending on how long games run, there is usually about a 30 minute window between the end of the late afternoon games and the Sunday night game.