2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 12:31 PM)
So somebody could watch 14 hours of nearly-continuous football Sunday. I say nearly-continuous because depending on how long games run, there is usually about a 30 minute window between the end of the late afternoon games and the Sunday night game.

If this was 4 years ago and I was still in college, I would love this late start but now it makes me angry.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 10:26 PM)
Probably true. I want to sock this people that have 4 fantasy teams too. I can understand 2 but more then that is absurd (and I'm sure we have some absurd people on here...afterall this is soxtalk...we are all sports fanatics). But I can't stand having more then 1-2 teams. If you do, you are no better then the people who have 6 NCAA brackets and tell you that they picked all the upsets or have so and so in this bracket but in the other bracket I still have em so its okay.

Speaking of fantasy...went into Sunday night with a 30 point lead and Tony Gonzalez just gets a TD that I think is going to put him over me (I think in my league Tony is now going to be at 31). s***. I'm #1 in points (and no one is close) but I've given up 100 more points then the next closest team in my league and will now be 2-2. Uggh.

Note: I moved to 1 fantasy team a year ago and its great. Will not ever switch back.

I have 3 and find it a pain frequently because it seems I'm always playing someone I have on another team. I'd prefer to go down to 1 team eventually, just the competitiveness always gets me when money is involved in fantasy football!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
Jaguars trading Eugene Monroe to Ravens. Hopefully they trade MJD soon so he might have some fantasy value the rest of this year.

As long as it's not to GB.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 10:18 PM)
As long as it's not to GB.

Packers are actually averaging 5.3 yards per carry this year on the ground.

Pretty good considering they faced the 49ers and Bengals already this year.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 01:26 PM)
Is it really emotional? There was always an excuse for Cutler every year, why he's only an average quarterback, why he's inconsistent all the time. This year, he finally got an offensive minded coach, an OC that was part of the lethal Saints offense, a QB coach that was Cutler's guy in Denver, a solid receiving core that finally features a catching tight end, and a solid offensive line.

Yet Cutler still delivers the same s***ty performance, bone headed throws, and his best option is still a check down to Forte on a third and long.

If you think Cutler is a playoff caliber quarterback, you are either highly optimistic, or just delusional.

That QB coach you're referring to that's on the staff "this year" was Jeremy Bates. Key word: was. He was fired when Lovie was.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 01:56 PM)
Were you talking about the game where he needed a last minute comeback at home against an 0-3 Viking's team? Or the game he threw for a whopping 150 yards and the defense was still playing well enough to generate any turnovers? He demonstrated some toughness and all but does he really deserve all the credit?

FWIW, he has exactly 2 game winning drives the 2 years prior to this. I would examine it a little closer before I call Cutler a clutch quarterback.

About the record without Cutler part, give the team a quarterback that was good enough to even start for the Raiders, and we will find out.

Actually, this is 100% false.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 09:09 AM)
49ers SS Donte Whitner has filed official paperwork to change his last name to "Hitner." "That's what I do. It's my last name and removing a letter makes it pretty cool," he said.

Stupid.

And that's even without the fact that he will be SS Hitner

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 10:09 AM)
WHO'S READY FOR BILLS AND BROWNS? Easily the two most exciting teams in the NFL

I'm actually looking forward to it.

Now if it's like 7-6 come the third quarter.....

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 11:09 AM)

As a Cameron owner in one league and a Gordon in the other (and also own EJ as my QB3 in a 2 QB league), I'm actually excited to watch this game. Plus I'd like to get a look at Brian Hoyer and see if he's at all legit

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 10:24 AM)
As a Cameron owner in one league and a Gordon in the other (and also own EJ as my QB3 in a 2 QB league), I'm actually excited to watch this game. Plus I'd like to get a look at Brian Hoyer and see if he's at all legit

I'm not sure if I'm excited to watch, but I'll be happy to see Cameron catch a few TDs.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)

I actually am excited. My friends a huge browns fan, and was so down after that trent richardson trade (though I think less so, since Trich continues to average like 1.7 yards per carry). Hoyer has been so fun to watch, and love that hometown angle.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 09:09 AM)
49ers SS Donte Whitner has filed official paperwork to change his last name to "Hitner." "That's what I do. It's my last name and removing a letter makes it pretty cool," he said.

Didn't Chad Johnson get issues about that from the NFL?

He couldn't change it until the offseason or til they ran out of jerseys. I guess that Whitner doesn't have jersey sales issues.