2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 01:23 PM)
So our pass defense is quickly becoming one of the worst in the league. We are 30th in the league currently in opponent pass completion % at 70% (only Oakland and San Diego) has done worst. We are also 6th in the league in highest yard per attempt at 8.3. When the secondary is not generating any turnovers and the DL is not pressure the quarterback, our defense is a disaster waiting to happen.

When you run a cover two system, but can generate little to no pressure this is the result. We could blitz, but we don't have the CBs to play cover one or cover zero (look at the Steelers game for reference). It's going to be a very underwhelming season for the defense because of all the injuries on the D-Line.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 12:56 PM)
Elaborate.

They need to pick up some competent D lineman. The starting tandem and main back up this season(Paea, Collins, Melton) were all out yesterday, with Paea being the only player that will return this season. Without a strong rush in the front 4, this defense is doomed. Peppers and Wooten cannot do it by themselves.

The offense needs to start stronger of course, but they cant be trading points with teams.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 02:16 PM)
They need to pick up some competent D lineman. The starting tandem and main back up this season(Paea, Collins, Melton) were all out yesterday, with Paea being the only player that will return this season. Without a strong rush in the front 4, this defense is doomed. Peppers and Wooten cannot do it by themselves.

The offense needs to start stronger of course, but they cant be trading points with teams.

There isn't much a GM can do with your top 3 guys all hurt. That falls under the category of "s*** happens".

It is funny though. To start the year, we knew we were especially thin at dtackle and could not afford any injuries there. So what happens? All 3 major injuries so far were to our dtackle positions.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)
There isn't much a GM can do with your top 3 guys all hurt. That falls under the category of "s*** happens".

I know, Im just saying if there is any "bag o tricks" at this point, it will have to be magic out of Emery. I dont know what Trestman could possibly do outside of turning Cutler into Peyton Manning RIGHT NOW

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 02:16 PM)

While you are right that they can't do it alone, it would be helpful if Wootton or Peppers would occasionally pressure the QB. Peppers is at least still seeing some double teams but Shea and Wootton have been mostly invisible this year. Shea is looking more and more like a wasted pick each week.

Apparently Dominic Raioila is quite a piece of s***. He trash talked the University of Wisconsin band during the GB/Detroit game and called them anything from fat MFers to questioning their sexuality and also ripped on one guys deceased mother.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 03:01 PM)
Apparently Dominic Raioila is quite a piece of s***. He trash talked the University of Wisconsin band during the GB/Detroit game and called them anything from fat MFers to questioning their sexuality and also ripped on one guys deceased mother.

He's just mad that Detoilet ran up their streak to 23 loses at Lambeau.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 07:29 PM)
I know, Im just saying if there is any "bag o tricks" at this point, it will have to be magic out of Emery. I dont know what Trestman could possibly do outside of turning Cutler into Peyton Manning RIGHT NOW

Well, we have until end of october. Seems like Jax is willing to trade, but it'll cost us picks.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 03:01 PM)

Not surprising coming from Raioila.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 08:33 PM)
The Falcons are going to cost me my 10 game teaser bet, how can they be this s***ty after being so good last season.

How can Matty Ice keep losing in the Georgia Dome? Gonna cost me money in my confidence pool.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 09:33 PM)
The Falcons are going to cost me my 10 game teaser bet, how can they be this s***ty after being so good last season.

Yeah they just cost me in my eliminator pool. So Atlanta seems pretty bad huh? O-line is terrible, defense is terrible, running game is bad...

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 11:09 PM)
Gruden just said B.Powell is one of the best rushers in AFC get to know him with 5 minutes to go in 4th quarter..............10 carries 28 yards 2.8 avg......Oh JG :lol:

I caught that too. Gruden has been pretty awful for a couple years now

I bet they feel really smart going for the touchdown at the end of the first half. That's a decision that costs coaches jobs. That was the biggest no brainer take the points of them all, and the idiots tried to run a draw play against a 9 man box.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 08:45 AM)
I bet they feel really smart going for the touchdown at the end of the first half. That's a decision that costs coaches jobs. That was the biggest no brainer take the points of them all, and the idiots tried to run a draw play against a 9 man box.

Mike Smith always goes for those.