2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 01:35 AM)
Will be at the game tomorrow. First Bears game (at Soldier Field, went to Champaign way back when)

Oh wow, that was over a decade ago now, wasn't it? 2002 I think.

Henry Burris started the final game, hahahahaha.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 08:31 AM)

Yup, 2002, I was down there. $20 student tickets and a half-mile walk to the stadium from my house. That was awesome. (too bad Leon Johnson's face sent the season into a downward spiral)

Like an idiot, I drove back down to Champaign with some friends for that final game with Burris. Just a dreadful football game.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 08:31 AM)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)
Yup, 2002, I was down there. $20 student tickets and a half-mile walk to the stadium from my house. That was awesome. (too bad Leon Johnson's face sent the season into a downward spiral)

Like an idiot, I drove back down to Champaign with some friends for that final game with Burris. Just a dreadful football game.

I had those season tickets too. Best deal ever. Do you remember the first game vs Minnesota? When no one could find their seat and everyone was in the horse shoe aisle until almost half time? After that they were much more diligent about telling Bears fans which side to enter.

That Bucs game - tt was indeed Henry Burris vs Rob Johnson.

I, too, drove down with friends for that game. We actually tailgated all day. It was like 30 degrees. Worst football game ever.

Its also a mental thing.

Giants are a sinking ship, they turn it over, you score points and put them behind to start.

Instead they get confidence. Just stupid. Maybe if they are playing Peyton Manning and worried about points, but even then its a bad call.

Its just brutal.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 07:51 PM)
They play cover 2 and have multiple d linemen injured.

What can they do?

If the D-line cant play the front even or better, the lbs are in a tough spot because they have to respect the pass.

Even with the injuries I was hoping for a decent game, the Giants OL has been awful this year.