2013-2014 NFL Thread

50 of the 53 players on the Packers roster have only played for the Packers.

John Kuhn played 9 games with the Steelers in 2006

Ryan Pickett played 5 years with the Rams.

Seneca Wallace is the third player, having played for a couple teams.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)

Johnny Jolly played in the Midwest Penal League

By my rough estimate, the Bears are at 30, with nearly half of those guys being 1st & 2nd year players.

I remember seeing that last night. That is absolutely unreal.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 10:52 AM)

I saw that stat last night too, that's pretty incredible.

Brandon Meriweather speaks about his suspension:

"To be honest, man, you've just got to go low now, man. You've got to end people's careers, you know? You've got to tear people's ACLs and mess up people's knees now. You can't hit them high no more. You've just got to go low."

about Brandon Marshall:

"He feel like I need to be kicked out of the league? I feel like people who beat their girlfriends should be kicked out, too. You tell me who you'd rather have: Somebody who play agressive on the field, or somebody who beat up their girlfriend?"

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 11:38 AM)

"To be honest, man, you've just got to go low now, man. You've got to end people's careers, you know? You've got to tear people's ACLs and mess up people's knees now. You can't hit them high no more. You've just got to go low."

about Brandon Marshall:

"He feel like I need to be kicked out of the league? I feel like people who beat their girlfriends should be kicked out, too. You tell me who you'd rather have: Somebody who play agressive on the field, or somebody who beat up their girlfriend?"

Is response #1 a threat? Or is he saying that he doesn't have a choice now but to tackle lower which will result in more injuries?

He's got a point about Marshall.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 09:43 AM)
Is response #1 a threat? Or is he saying that he doesn't have a choice now but to tackle lower which will result in more injuries?

It's incredible how virtually no one has mentioned that in his time with the Bears.

To his credit, he has apparently moved on with his life in the right direction.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)

How about instead of going low, you just tackle people properly?

Get this f***ing goon out of the league

Let me know when Brandon Marshall starts celebrating beating his girlfriend. Marshall served his punishment, has tried to repair his life and attack his mental disorder head on. Meriwether has been fined over 100k THIS SEASON and thought it was hilarious enough to joke about after the game. f*** him

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 12:03 PM)
Let me know when Brandon Marshall starts celebrating beating his girlfriend. Marshall served his punishment, has tried to repair his life and attack his mental disorder head on. Meriwether has been fined over 100k THIS SEASON and thought it was hilarious enough to joke about after the game. f*** him

Just because he's a Bear that doesn't mean that his history magically goes away. Say what you will, the man has struck a woman, which in itself is s***ty.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 12:21 PM)
Just because he's a Bear that doesn't mean that his history magically goes away. Say what you will, the man has struck a woman, which in itself is s***ty.

I totally agree with that, and i havent excused him for it. All I am saying is Meriwether repeatedly does the same thing over and over, and Marshall hasnt hit a woman in years. Marshall realizes what he did was wrong, Meriwether thinks the league is wrong for telling him to hit low. And on top of it, Meriwether thinks it is funny. Both of them did s***ty things, but Meriwether keeps losing money for it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 11:38 AM)

about Brandon Marshall:

Putting the ass in class.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 12:25 PM)
I totally agree with that, and i havent excused him for it. All I am saying is Meriwether repeatedly does the same thing over and over, and Marshall hasnt hit a woman in years. Marshall realizes what he did was wrong, Meriwether thinks the league is wrong for telling him to hit low. And on top of it, Meriwether thinks it is funny. Both of them did s***ty things, but Meriwether keeps losing money for it.

5 years ago Merriwether is getting bonuses and featured regularly on "JACKED UP" segments with those same "dirty" hits. In my book beating your girlfriend is a much, much worse offense and he's absolutely right to call out Marshall on it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)

I didn't read it as a threat, just a poorly worded comment on the new rules.

If you aim high and miss, you hit the players in the head, and get flagged. If you aim low and miss you'll hit their knees. I remember hearing from quite a few analysts that they expect a lot more ACL injuries and knee injuries because of the "new" focus on the NFL of head injuries.

It seems to me like there have been a lot of leg injuries in the NFL this year, but I have no idea if it's higher than normal, or I just notice it more now.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)
How about instead of going low, you just tackle people properly?

Get this f***ing goon out of the league

This.

Why does it have to one or the other. Why do you have to launch at a players head or their knees.

Put your arms out and try and wrap up the ball carrier.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 10:35 AM)
5 years ago Merriwether is getting bonuses and featured regularly on "JACKED UP" segments with those same "dirty" hits. In my book beating your girlfriend is a much, much worse offense and he's absolutely right to call out Marshall on it.

Why?

He could literally kill someone with the way he launches, and he's continued to do it repeatedly despite fines, suspensions, and clear instruction from the League to stop doing it. Why is this a "much, much worse offense" than Marshall getting into some fight with his crazy ex?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 12:47 PM)
Why?

He could literally kill someone with the way he launches, and he's continued to do it repeatedly despite fines, suspensions, and clear instruction from the League to stop doing it. Why is this a "much, much worse offense" than Marshall getting into some fight with his crazy ex?

One is a social no-no, one is a rule infraction in a game (a rule which is trying to curb plays that were celebrated not long ago). He's absolutely dirty, I don't like the guy, and he should have been suspended for longer than a game. But if you're asking, like he does, what would you prefer - someone who hits guys in a dangerous/dirty fashion or someone who would beat a woman, i'm going with the dirty player.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 12:35 PM)

What the league celebrated 5 years ago and fines now is irrelevant. The guy has lost more money in fines for repeatedly hitting people in the head than I have made in my entire life. Does Marshall continue to beat his wife?

Hell, Brandon Meriwether was arrested for drunk driving. Should I hold that against him because it is a social no-no? he is a dirty player and broke the law too.

Describing domestic abuse as a social nono is kinda underplaying it to say the least. What Marshall did was terrible, but he has put in a lot of work to his condition and never doing it again. That's why you hear about it less than say, Chris Browns past.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 10:55 AM)
One is a social no-no, one is a rule infraction in a game (a rule which is trying to curb plays that were celebrated not long ago). He's absolutely dirty, I don't like the guy, and he should have been suspended for longer than a game. But if you're asking, like he does, what would you prefer - someone who hits guys in a dangerous/dirty fashion or someone who would beat a woman, i'm going with the dirty player.

A lot of things that are completely wrong/immoral/illegal are celebrated. That doesn't really enter the equation for me in terms of my moral compass.

Violance/immoral actions in the context of sports is very interesting, perhaps most interesting in American football. This guy is wearing the equivalent of a deadly weapon on his head, and is repeatedly launching it at very high speeds and incredible force at the heads of others in a defenseless position, which ultimately could render them dead, paralyzed, concussed, etc. The fact that it occurs within the context of a game/athletic competition is certainly a mitigating factor, although not a particularly strong one in Meriweather's case, since he has shown a pattern of doing this repeatedly despite growing financial penalties/suspensions.

Look, I'm not for hitting women, but the fact that a person might be of the female gender doesn't make her impervious to causing serious damage if she happens to be a lunatic or crazy. Not saying I know exactly what Marshall has done because I wasn't there, but because he got in some scuffles with this chick doesn't, in my mind, anyways, elevate him to some incredible scumbag relative to Meriweather.

Edited by iamshack