• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://cfl.ca/statistics/list/year/2013

Passing leader in the CFL? Henry Burris

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)
IIRC, even with Peppers's contract on the books fully...the Bears will have well over $30 million in cap space going into the offseason. If they want to retain Cutler they have plenty of room to do so and should be able to make a number of other decent additions as well.

The effective cap space is very low because we have so few players under contract. It is going to cost a huge chunk of that just to fill out the roster with minimum salaried guys

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 02:59 PM)
The effective cap space is very low because we have so few players under contract. It is going to cost a huge chunk of that just to fill out the roster with minimum salaried guys

Don't forget that there are tricks/exemptions that allow a team to maneuver slightly around/over the effective cap if they're signing veteran players. Emery used this technique to great effect this season - their LB corps and Slausson, IIRC, were among the guys signed in that way.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)
Asomugha? Anyone?

He's done. He has never been a good zone corner and he doesn't even cut it as a man corner. The only thing you could conceivably consider is him as a safety, and it's too late in the season to be experimenting.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 04:40 PM)
He's done. He has never been a good zone corner and he doesn't even cut it as a man corner. The only thing you could conceivably consider is him as a safety, and it's too late in the season to be experimenting.

I'm just thinking of a warm body to sign.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 04:49 PM)
Excellent article about Sam Hurd.

Breaking Real Bad: Inside the Sam Hurd Drug Case

Interesting. He may not be the drug kingpin he is portrayed as, but he sure as hell left himself in some vulnerable situations.

Also interesting to read about all the weed smoking with NFL players.

Edited by LittleHurt05

A lot of that article tries to portray Hurd in a sympathetic light as a mere pot smoker (5-10 pounds of weed at a time is not a small amount, even if he was not dealing it to others to make a profit), but considering the conversation he was having, it's entirely possible that they removed a drug lord from the street before he became a drug lord.

One question I have: why is he telling those informants that he could move as much coke as he could get? Why is he setting up future deals if all he wanted to do was set up his cousin and act like a financial backer? He doesn't seem to have a good explanation for that.

The secondary deals with Toby seem BS though. If the only communication between the 2 is after Toby gets word that his shipment is on its way (And payment is expected), it makes total sense that he'd call the richest guy he knows for some money. 40 seconds isn't very long to go over a large deal I wouldn't think.

At the end of the day, why are screwing around with drugs (or drug dealing) when you're a millionaire? Why are you concerning yourself with 88k? This guy was clearly an idiot.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 10:09 AM)
One question I have: why is he telling those informants that he could move as much coke as he could get? Why is he setting up future deals if all he wanted to do was set up his cousin and act like a financial backer? He doesn't seem to have a good explanation for that.

The secondary deals with Toby seem BS though. If the only communication between the 2 is after Toby gets word that his shipment is on its way (And payment is expected), it makes total sense that he'd call the richest guy he knows for some money. 40 seconds isn't very long to go over a large deal I wouldn't think.

At the end of the day, why are screwing around with drugs (or drug dealing) when you're a millionaire? Why are you concerning yourself with 88k? This guy was clearly an idiot.

Yes. I don't necessarily believe that life in prison is necessary, but he should go to jail for a long time.

http://thebiglead.com/2013/11/10/jay-cutle...y-deandre-levy/

Am I the only who thinks that if that ball wasn't tipped at the line of scrimmage, which is tough luck IMO, it would have been a touchdown? At the very least it's thrown behind him and they get a field goal.

Edited by scs787

Article on what to do down 15 and scoring a td. Comments have some good stuff in there too.

http://www.footballperspective.com/trailin...ter-touchdowns/

My theory has always been multiply 5 minutes by the number of scores that you are behind before scoring and that's the cutoff for going for 2. So if you are down 15 and score a TD with less than 10 minutes left, then go for 2.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 08:16 AM)
A lot of that article tries to portray Hurd in a sympathetic light as a mere pot smoker (5-10 pounds of weed at a time is not a small amount, even if he was not dealing it to others to make a profit), but considering the conversation he was having, it's entirely possible that they removed a drug lord from the street before he became a drug lord.

Yeah, I didn't get that. Trying to just say he just smokes a lot of weed, but then he feels he's low when he's below 5 pounds? WHAT? 5 pounds could last one person 5 years. I get that he was sharing with friends, but still, for him to say he was feeling low on weed whenever he had less than 5 pounds is just absurd.

Given what he was saying at Morton's, he was trying to become a kingpin, he just hadn't really done much yet. Life without parole would have been silly.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 10:49 AM)
Yeah, I didn't get that. Trying to just say he just smokes a lot of weed, but then he feels he's low when he's below 5 pounds? WHAT? 5 pounds could last one person 5 years. I get that he was sharing with friends, but still, for him to say he was feeling low on weed whenever he had less than 5 pounds is just absurd.

Given what he was saying at Morton's, he was trying to become a kingpin, he just hadn't really done much yet. Life without parole would have been silly.

Life after football. He signed a "lucrative" deal with the Bears, but with how much he was looking to move, he was trying to make millions.