2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)
As good of a job I thought he did in the first two months, he has been equally as bad the last month. Looking like a great offensive coordinator, but not head coach material.

I don't quite agree, but I do hope he learns from some of these decisions.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The reason he did it is because our line is so bad. Being in FG range meant Minnesota could stack the box as we go into obvious run mode. We almost always lose yards in those situations. Passing was out of the question as well, mainly because of how bad our line was playing. When you wonder why our yards and our points never correlate, it's because we can't execute on big downs because our line always lets us down in those situations

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 06:32 PM)
I don't quite agree, but I do hope he learns from some of these decisions.

Might be a bit of an extreme reaction, but it has been a pretty bad month for him. I do like him, so I agree that I hope he learns from some of these mistakes.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 08:14 PM)
The reason he did it is because our line is so bad. Being in FG range meant Minnesota could stack the box as we go into obvious run mode. We almost always lose yards in those situations. Passing was out of the question as well, mainly because of how bad our line was playing. When you wonder why our yards and our points never correlate, it's because we can't execute on big downs because our line always lets us down in those situations

They threw for 355 yards and have two incredible receivers. Run a quick drop and let one of them make a play if you are that concerned about the line.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 05:14 PM)

Run. Off. Tackle.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 06:35 PM)
Pretty amped for tomorrow night's game. This city is buzzing. Seattle is nearly unstoppable at home. We'll see how Brees handles the ridiculously loud stadium and temps in the 30s at game time.

I'm going into work early tomorrow to try and ensure I can get home in time to watch. Should be a good one.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 08:35 PM)
Pretty amped for tomorrow night's game. This city is buzzing. Seattle is nearly unstoppable at home. We'll see how Brees handles the ridiculously loud stadium and temps in the 30s at game time.

If Qwest Field is the best home field advantage, I would say the Superdome is a close second, I have been to both. The winner tomorrow night is the front runner for the #1 seed and favorite to make the Super Bowl.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 09:12 PM)
If Qwest Field is the best home field advantage, I would say the Superdome is a close second, I have been to both. The winner tomorrow night is the front runner for the #1 seed and favorite to make the Super Bowl.

They just need to come up with something else besides home of the 12th man, since it's not theirs.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 07:14 PM)

That's just an awful excuse. Kicking a 47 yd fg on 2nd down is just a horrendous decision, no matter how you look at it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 07:36 PM)
That's just an awful excuse. Kicking a 47 yd fg on 2nd down is just a horrendous decision, no matter how you look at it.

Let me put it this way...if we had fumbled or threw an int on 2nd down there, would people be second guessing Trestman saying he should have just kicked the fg on 2nd down?

I highly doubt it.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 09:49 PM)
Let me put it this way...if we had fumbled or threw an int on 2nd down there, would people be second guessing Trestman saying he should have just kicked the fg on 2nd down?

I highly doubt it.

Had they been on the 10 yard line, maybe. But not on the 30 yard line. I know Robbie is one of the most accurate kickers in history, but a 47-yarder is never a gimme, even in a dome.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 10:38 PM)
And a "haha JK it wasn't a first down"

That would have caused outrage if they didn't convert the 4th down. But, the pass was completed and the ball was just taken away.

Triplett is going to catch hell anyways, that was inexcusable

I actually think Trestman is making the right calls, they just arent working. Robbie Gould doesnt miss 47 yard FG's, the defense is so bad 3 points feels inadequate much of the time anyways and being aggressive with the ball is something Trestman was brought in to do.

This team wasnt going to do anything this year once the injuries started piling up on D. I know McCown has been great, but losing Cutler hurt too. This team cannot execute, Trestman is making the right calls and doing the right things but the guys on the field arent coming through

Trestman may or may not explain it this way, but he kicked on second down because he didn't believe the offense could keep from losing yards on the next down

I was thinking the same thing. The defense knows 100% you are going to run, and your O-line is not the best at run blocking. There is a good chance the FG becomes longer on 3rd down.

What I still don't understand is why the refs picked up the late hit flag on Jared Allen on the opening OT drive. The hit was clearly after the whistle.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 07:10 AM)
I was thinking the same thing. The defense knows 100% you are going to run, and your O-line is not the best at run blocking. There is a good chance the FG becomes longer on 3rd down.

Throw a quick slant, run a bootleg so he can dump it out of bounds, anything. Robbie Gould is a fantastic kicker, but 47 yards is never a given. You shouldn't have so little confidence in your offense, especially when they've put up damn near 500 yards.